Hardware Converting .SAV saves to .ESV

annath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have been playing some GBC games (specifically Dragon Warrior Monsters 2) on my phone, using MyOldBoy. It generates save files in .SAV format. However, I just got an EZ Flash Omega, and I'd like to carry my saved game over to the flash cart. However, upon testing, the EZ Flash Omega appears to generate a ".esv" file for the GBC games, which is a format I am not familiar with.

I have found utilities to convert ESV to SAV (I guess I can't post a link? Its called Pocket Save Organizer) but, unless I am not understanding the instructions (definitely possible), it doesn't appear to convert the other way, SAV to ESV.

Any advice would be appreciated!

annath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone elsewhere suggested checking the file sizes, and that if they are the same, I might be able to just change some headers in a HEX Editor (something I have no idea how to do) and change the extension from SAV to ESV.

Unfortunately, the SAV file, created by VBA/MyOldBoy is 32KB, the ESV file created by Goomba (the EZ Flash Omega built-in GB/GBC Emulator) is 64KB.

annath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it figured out! 3am trawling of old GBATemp threads ftw!

I found this post: GBA Temp /threads/goomba-save-manager-export-replace-goomba-sram.364693/#post-6740152

Which provided the tool to open up the ESV file (but when using the File>Open dialog I had to specify "all file types" because by default it looks for SAV files not ESV), then followed the poster's instructions from a little further down that page to select the SRAM data and replace it with the SAV file's data generated by VBA/MyOldBoy. Then I just closed the program, confirmed I wanted to save the changes I'd made to the ESV file, and copied that modified ESV file to the SD card in my Flash Cart.

It loaded it no problem and the save worked great!

Reactions: EZ-Flash2

Darth_Tater69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but I could really use a rundown on how exactly you converted the .sav to .esv succesfully using goomba save manager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...