Hardware Cool Hardmod

Fleshypi64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here and have been hard-modding my consoles since I was a kid and bought a Wii with a broken disc drive from eBay for around 11 USD, so far I have modded the light to stay on permanently and of course replaced the disc drive, any suggestions for other (not necessarily useful although that would be awesome) mods to do. Thanks~

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fleshypi64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the disc drive is functional now?

How & why did you do that for?

Also hello and welcome to GBATemp!
Yes the disc drive works now, I bought one online for around 15 USD and it was a pretty simple replacement, as for the light, I routed the traces for the disc drive to also light up the blue led in the drive

Reactions: CoolMe

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I know DeadlyFoez added an SD card activity light as well as a nand activity light which was pretty cool, he also added a nandclip so that he can swap nand chips more easily (mostly for development and repairs, not that useful if the console doesn't have bootmii boot2)

Fleshypi64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know DeadlyFoez added an SD card activity light as well as a nand activity light which was pretty cool, he also added a nandclip so that he can swap nand chips more easily (mostly for development and repairs, not that useful if the console doesn't have bootmii boot2)
The activity light sounds awesome I'd love to try it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.