Correct forum for discussing Android Emulators?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@FAST6191 : so basically this forum section :P

As far as I'm concerned, the discussion may be moved there, but here's my stance on the (admittedly pretty broad) topic: there's some quality stuff on there.

* the "...oid" emulators are pretty popular. My guess is that it's because they were first, because I can hardly find them on the google play store.
* retroarch is the main "go to" emulator for everything. The main disadvantage is, well...that it has everything. I tried using it, but I always end up lost in the options.
* an alternative to this is matsuplayer. It doesn't emulate as much systems, but plenty good and decent ones. It required me manually binding buttons for each system(1), but this had to be done just one single time. PSX, snes, NES, N64 and probably GBA works fine (have only tested the latter for about 10 minutes, so don't hold me on to the last one). In fact, to my embarrassment I found it even better at N64 emulation than the paid version I got a few weeks before. :shy: It furthermore does some other systems like PSP and NDS, but I haven't tested those (I think it's slightly worse at NDS than drastic, but I haven't done much comparisons). It's free, meaning that it shows some ads, but never during games.
* PPSSPP is imho the perfect PSP emulator. Not only does it emulate a great system, but the UI works intuitive, simple, clear and with all bells and whistles you (probably) might want.
* unless I'm seriously mistaken, drastic is still the best D/s emulator on android.
* on dolphin (gamecube/wii)...there's a recent discussion on here. In UI terms, it's certainly a good one, but I haven't properly tested it for the obvious reason that my gaming device isn't strong enough.

(1): I use a gpd xd+

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
-Drastic is THE DS emulator, is worth the money.
-PPSSPP is great, getting the "gold" version is nice to support the Devs.
-Dolphin works great in my MI6 (SD835 6GBram), with the right settings i can play most game at full speed.
-For Nes, Snes, GB, GBA, PSX, Genesis, Master System. Retroarch is hard to beat, full of options and fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1