Hacking Could I get banned for transfering Pokemon S/V savefiles from EmuNAND to sysNAND?

Ysg7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

So Pokemon Scarlet was recently leaked and I installed it on my emuNAND. Next week I'll be buying the game cartridge, and I'm considering transfering my EmuNAND savefile to SysNAND so that I can continue where I left on my OFW.

Could I get my switch banned for doing this? I've heard many people doing this for PSw/Sh mentioning the only thing worth worrying is using ilegal modified pokemon in online battles. But since my savefile doesn't have any modified data, how risky do you think this is?

Could nintendo check my game ID or something, and compare it to others who downloaded the game from the same source I did?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

So Pokemon Scarlet was recently leaked and I installed it on my emuNAND. Next week I'll be buying the game cartridge, and I'm considering transfering my EmuNAND savefile to SysNAND so that I can continue where I left on my OFW.

Could I get my switch banned for doing this? I've heard many people doing this for PSw/Sh mentioning the only thing worth worrying is using ilegal modified pokemon in online battles. But since my savefile doesn't have any modified data, how risky do you think this is?

Could nintendo check my game ID or something, and compare it to others who downloaded the game from the same source I did?
Your post was answered over here in this thread. Please use that thread next time for any future questions.

Reactions: binkinator

Mattk14

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Iv done this for swsh, PLA, bdsp and will do it for violet (doesnt have cloud saves)
I play online on sysnand and do no other homebrew on sysnand apart from jksv save editing and ftp. All pokemon are legal and am not banned. Do at your own risk though

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv done this for swsh, PLA, bdsp and will do it for violet (doesnt have cloud saves)
I play online on sysnand and do no other homebrew on sysnand apart from jksv save editing and ftp. All pokemon are legal and am not banned. Do at your own risk though
No risk. You are good to transfer your save from emu to sys. Just make sure it's used on 1 profile

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not false. Been doing it for years. Stop being scared
Same here, copying a save over in itself isn't an action that is going to get you banned. It's the method you use to achieve that which carries the risk, especially so if its a 'dirty' homebrew app that leaves evidence of it's use. A 'clean' app that doesn't leave any traces or using NXNandManager to import the save and then writing the partition back to the Switch isn't something Nintendo is going to be able to detect.

Reactions: ezkitty

Mattk14

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same here, copying a save over in itself isn't an action that is going to get you banned. It's the method you use to achieve that which carries the risk, especially so if its a 'dirty' homebrew app that leaves evidence of it's use. A 'clean' app that doesn't leave any traces or using NXNandManager to import the save and then writing the partition back to the Switch isn't something Nintendo is going to be able to detect.

What do you class as a clean app or dirty app? I use jksv? I assume by dirty u mean tinfoil/goldleaf?

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A
What do you class as a clean app or dirty app? I use jksv? I assume by dirty u mean tinfoil/goldleaf?
Anything that is closed source for sure I would consider dirty. Tools that support piracy may be one. I use dbi and it works great. The mtp feature let's me dump and inject saves through my computer. jksv still a great tool

Reactions: cayapa

Mattk14

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A
Anything that is closed source for sure I would consider dirty. Tools that support piracy may be one. I use dbi and it works great. The mtp feature let's me dump and inject saves through my computer. jksv still a great tool

Thats what i thought, i just use jksv as its simple i only play pokemon on my cfw switch and buy the games i do nothing else to it at all just ftp and jksv for save edit and play in syscfw. i have a banned switch i do all nsp xci emulators and stuff on. So youd consider jksv as a safe tool then bud? Obviously things can always change iv been ok up til now lol

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wont get a 100% clear answer b/c everyone is adding safety opinions and experiences into 1 melting pot.
The past pkmn games never warranted any bans from using save edits or transferring. Playing a pirated copy in online battles or using cheats in pvp will.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is always a risk of getting banned using cfw on sysnand but as for pokemon itself as long as you don't cheat it should just be seen as a normal save file

Reactions: lattechan

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wont get a 100% clear answer b/c everyone is adding safety opinions and experiences into 1 melting pot.
The past pkmn games never warranted any bans from using save edits or transferring. Playing a pirated copy in online battles or using cheats in pvp will.
Completely agree with this, there seems to be a lot of fearmongering warnings being produced as absolute fact. The probability of a ban is never 0% since Nintendo could implement a file check they way Microsoft did on the 360 (Cheater McCheat!) but we can make safe assumptions that those not doing the two things mentioned above will have a vastly reduced chance of being banned when using relatively traceless methods and sticking to uncooked save files.

alzir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has anyone tried it yet?
I am playing since it leaked and I just got the digital original game but I am afraid of doing it :P I am going to wait and see people doing it without getting banned first. Please post your experiences with JKSV.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried it yet?
I am playing since it leaked and I just got the digital original game but I am afraid of doing it :P I am going to wait and see people doing it without getting banned first. Please post your experiences with JKSV.
No you aren't going to get to banned using jksv with your own saves

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Right now people are using DBI and JKSV on sys nand without problems, but telling that it's safe is a lie. You can say it is safe right now.

Also, if you will dip your toes on PKhex before importing your save on sys nand, a tiny single little mistake and you're fucked, it happened to a lot of people on Sword and Shield.

Since it's pokemon, my suggestion is just borrow another switch do a regular trade for stuff you care about, that is 100% safe indeed.
If you're lazy to do the girding again, you may send a egg with a powerful pokemon to the new profile, hatch it there, then back it to old profile and feed it candies until it reaches lv 100. Then send it back to the new profile and blast through the gyms/titans/team star. There is a option to skip movies that will help you save time.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried it yet?
many years of transferring saves from emu to sys, I have never been banned. Many people receive the game early so there's no different if you were to pirate it and then buy it later. If you didn't modify your save or used cheats, you have 0% chance of getting banned

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

lattechan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not false. Been doing it for years. Stop being scared
It doesn't matter if you've done it for years, it's a new game. Who knows what's been added. While probably nothing, it's better to assume it's not safe than it is. You can take whatever risks YOU want but no point to encouraging others to do it.
It's probably fine but you can't ever know for sure. What if they added something to deal with this 3 minutes after your post?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: