Homebrew Question Could Someone Help Me Please?

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! Im wondering if someone could help me sort out my Switch SD card. Im worried its cluttered or things are in wrong places-also the Edizon icon isn't showing on the Home-brew app (and I have no idea how to update Editions save editors etc.Tried before using the Discord instructions but didn't seem to work)

Also, anyone know anything about Incognito and how reliable it is? Im using a Switch with SXOS and can post images of the SD if required (Im on Mac sorry!)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 19.02.55.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 19.02.55.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 120

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
As mentioned above NROs go in the switch folder, the nsp files can be deleted if you've installed them and you don't need the firmware folder after you've installed the firmware.

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok Ive moved the NRO files into the Switch folder. The NSP files are those I haven't installed yet:)

Is it worth downloading Incognito? Im also clueless as to how I update Editions save editor function for latest games

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Ive moved the NRO files into the Switch folder. The NSP files are those I haven't installed yet:)

Is it worth downloading Incognito? Im also clueless as to how I update Editions save editor function for latest games

You can use incognito but make sure to keep a copy of prod info that incognito make somewhere else safe, not on the SD card.

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As long as you're not looking to connect to Nintendo for anything incognito is definitely the way to go.

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use incognito but make sure to keep a copy of prod info that incognito make somewhere else safe, not on the SD card.
Im guessing that'll be on the SD card somewhere. Have you used it to go online? Im assuming you should only use legit games for this due to tickets etc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As long as you're not looking to connect to Nintendo for anything incognito is definitely the way to go.
I kinda only want it to play Crash Team Racing so I can get the extra characters from the pitstop

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im guessing that'll be on the SD card somewhere. Have you used it to go online? Im assuming you should only use legit games for this due to tickets etc

I kinda only want it to play Crash Team Racing so I can get the extra characters from the pitstop

You can't go online with it, it whole purpose is to block Nintendo server, so it doesn't accidentally update on you, reason I said to keep the backup of the prod info is if you ever want to restore it, incognito edit your prod info by blanking it out so it is empty so Nintendo server won't know who is who.

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't go online with it, it whole purpose is to block Nintendo server, so it doesn't accidentally update on you, reason I said to keep the backup of the prod info is if you ever want to restore it, incognito edit your prod info by blanking it out so it is empty so Nintendo server won't know who is who.

Thanks a lot:) And thanks to everyone whos replied so far, its really appreciated!

Any idea how I can update the save editors on Edizon (there is some bundled already like Smash Bros etc)

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really know too much on Edizon stuffs.
No worries man:) Thanks so much

So...just booted up my switch. Went to Home-brew on SXOS and none of the apps like Edizon and JKSAV are showing,when they did before. Any idea why?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries man:) Thanks so much

So...just booted up my switch. Went to Home-brew on SXOS and none of the apps like Edizon and JKSAV are showing,when they did before. Any idea why?

By default they should be in the "switch" folder on Windows, might be different since you are on a mac.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already