Hacking Coverflow demo

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
LokiReborn said:
pepxl said:
not to be rude but id rather wait for a official release from Hibern then using a modded version from an unknown user

I'm not forcing anyone to use it, either way all that's needed to fix the problem is in the dol. The issue with it not working it because wiiboxart.com aka theotherzone.com no longer allows direct linking to their full cover png files. All I did was removed the http 1.0 user agent that was used since it isn't needed and added a forced referrer (spelled referer in http headers for god knows what reason) as 'Referer: http://wiiboxart.com' to allow the image to be loaded. As for the unknown user part, ya can't help that.

Though if it makes ya feel any better my degree is in Computer Science w/ a Network Administration background
blink.gif

im sorry but like Benjay has said , everyone should just be patient and wait for the next release from Hibern ! no point worrying about old beta's and sites that blocked the fullcover downloads !
lecture.gif
we cant say to much at Hibern's request , but im sure you will all be really surprised at the work he has done !
bow.gif

LokiReborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Spidy1000

Odd thing I noticed is that once I got the full covers working from wiiboxart it actually downloaded the 4-digit png files not 6-digit?! So afaik for the full covers at least 4-digit support is already there.

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hibern said:
Hi, the 4 month old power adapter of my laptop has died yesterday while i was replying to messages.
In a few hours i hope i'll be able to borrow one at work, otherwise no bug fix for 1 or 2 weeks.
Please, once again, try to help me instead of chatting here, and send emails with proper bug reports.
The Japanese translation works fine, thanks, just needs a font.
Discussion about covers should be had on the wiitdb topic.

At everyone who like Hibern work .... maybe we could trow a Donation so he can get himself a new power supply for is laptop ???

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice one
smile.gif
I realize i forgot to call Dell today.
I think you should donate to wiitdb and devkitpro if you like any usb loader.

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patrick9999 said:
Hi,
why use 4 digits when idgame is 6 digits ? simply use 6 digits ... when you walk you use your 2 legs or one?

ps: can someone test pangya golf with alt dol and wiiflow ? don' work here ...
ps2: ssx blur work fine with alt dol and wiiflow ...
Dude, stfu. You have no idea how much work is involved with this, so keep quiet unless you start pumping out some images for us.

QUOTE(LokiReborn @ Aug 29 2009, 08:59 AM) @Spidy1000

Odd thing I noticed is that once I got the full covers working from wiiboxart it actually downloaded the 4-digit png files not 6-digit?! So afaik for the full covers at least 4-digit support is already there.

Yes thats right it uses 4 or 6.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I started uploading to WiiTDB , here is the list off number off covers:

NTSC : 394
NTSC-J : 17
PAL : 234
PAL-AU : 1
PAL-DE : 21
PAL-ES : 6
PAL-EUR : 1
PAL-IT : 6
PAL-NL : 4
PAL-PT : 8
PAL-SC : 10
PAL-SE : 6

I hope everyone can enjoy the HQ Covers soon, big thanks to BlindDude for providing his covers so i could merge the 2 sets

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BlindDude said:
Dude, stfu. You have no idea how much work is involved with this, so keep quiet unless you start pumping out some images for us.
Doesn't give you the right talk that way.
FYI this person has been very helpful lately.
I've already sent you an email telling you a program could be made for renaming 4 digits ids into 6 digits.
Have you talked to zorglub at least?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The HQ Covers should be available on monday, not sure if it will need an updated version off wiiflow, maybe Hibern can comment on that

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Should directly work, or else modify the ini file.
Many thanks to you and Blinddude for that.
Anyway, i should be able to update the test version tonight, so check your mails.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just put all the HQ Covers on my SD card and loaded Wiiflow. It looks absolutely AMAZING when hires covers are used, so much clearer and almost all are readable, some use to small fonts.

For my test report: there is nothing to report on my side, besides the already known bug with the titles downloading. This loader works flawless for me, not 1 error found yet
biggrin.gif

GREAT WORK HIBERN!!!!!

patrick9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Spidy1000 said:
I just put all the HQ Covers on my SD card and loaded Wiiflow. It looks absolutely AMAZING when hires covers are used, so much clearer and almost all are readable, some use to small fonts.

For my test report: there is nothing to report on my side, besides the already known bug with the titles downloading. This loader works flawless for me, not 1 error found yet
biggrin.gif

GREAT WORK HIBERN!!!!!

+++ 1

smile.gif

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
Spidy1000 said:

biggrin.gif

GREAT WORK HIBERN!!!!!

great work , i cant wait to see these in all their glory . i remember BlindDude gathering them together , which seems a long time ago now , so kudos to you both

toni.belangenani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It really feels like an early christmas this year. I can't wait to see what all the testers are so excited about! A beautiful usbloader with NO errors at all, that sounds just awesome!!

LokiReborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused, is wiiflow going to switch from wiiboxart to wiitdb? I know for usbloader gx at least it uses wiitdb but was it ever said that wiiflow was going to change from one to the other?

In any case the hq covers are appreciated =p

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yes , Wiiflow is going (has already) to switch from wiiboxart to WiiTDB.

It was planned since the day DJTaz decided to charge for using his site.

But Hibern hadn't been able to release a new version with wiitdb support , because of a lack of free time.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Oh I never knew about planned HQ cover support. That will be great. At present the downloaded covers appear slightly out of focus.

I only hope WiiTDB takes care to ensure only original covers are included, but it looks like they already have this well in hand. The remaining few homemade ones on WiiBoxart really annoy me. e.g. Raving Rabbids 2 and Raving Rabbids TV Party.

I also prefer any cover to no cover, but will always prefer my own region's before another region's, especially if we are able to read the back covers.
biggrin.gif

I wonder if compression would have to be turned off HQ covers to work fully. Hopefully I will be able to check that out soon.

@toni.belangenani - I wouldnt expect NO errors at all, but a definite minimum of errors due to the care being taken by Hibernatus to ensure as many bugs as possible are spotted prior to full public release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH