Homebrew Coverflow DS (New project)

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
I had the old Dscovered, with old icons. When I tryed the new one the icons did not switch. Also what is the theme folder for? Can you switch themes. I notice that new update did not have the skin folder in it. When I use it I got pink on top with old icon. and the black on the bottom.

any ideas?
Themes: There should be 4 of them. Choose settings then use the stylus and scroll the pages 1,2,3. One of these pages will be the themes.

Icons: Not sure what you mean. If you are upgrading to a newer version I would delete the old one entirely, then put the new one on, and then run dscovery again.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Valguerra said:
I had the old Dscovered, with old icons. When I tryed the new one the icons did not switch. Also what is the theme folder for? Can you switch themes. I notice that new update did not have the skin folder in it. When I use it I got pink on top with old icon. and the black on the bottom.

any ideas?
Themes: There should be 4 of them. Choose settings then use the stylus and scroll the pages 1,2,3. One of these pages will be the themes.

Icons: Not sure what you mean. If you are upgrading to a newer version I would delete the old one entirely, then put the new one on, and then run dscovery again.

I went ahead back the cartridge. i re-format the card. I inserted the new update followed the instructions. i get a pink screen on top, bottom I see the ysmune box art, the letters are in blck cannot see them. What could be the problem. I tryed going back to the old one an dit works, but i have no setting. What could be the cuase/

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work.

Is there away when you reset and go back to the dscovered menu, that it does not go back to the last game it launch?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
float.

Xenon++ said:
Finally loader_ysmenu's nasty bug is gone
yaynds.gif

http://filetrip.net/f12389-DSCovered-loade...nu-fix-1-0.html

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tryed lauching the sonic racing game on the dscovered and it did not work. tryed on the regular dstt menu and it works, any ideas?

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
You need to put ysmenu.ini in /
If you don't like that you can use extlink wrapper and nds.inilink.nds(both in mshl2tools) combo

I do have the ysmenu.ini in the root of the sd card. but it does not load.

I also updated with the loadr you posted, but just get a white screen.

I have updated the 3 files needed, updated ysmenu. But I notice that the following games do not work with dscovered:

sonic racing
sonic collection
zhu zhu pets
sonny with a chance
tetris party deluxe

but when i use the regular DSTT menu, the games work with no problem. wierd.

any ideas?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
Xenon++ said:
If you don't like that you can use extlink wrapper and nds.inilink.nds(both in mshl2tools) combo

I have updated the 3 files needed, updated ysmenu. But I notice that the following games do not work with dscovered:

sonic racing
sonic collection
zhu zhu pets
sonny with a chance
tetris party deluxe

any ideas?
It has been ages since I used YSmenu and the instructions below are for an R4, but I remember having problems with the location of some files.

YSmenu ran on my R4 standalone and certain files could be in the root of the card or in the TTmenu directory. When I started using DScovered it was very picky about the location of some of the system files.

The setup to run on my R4 had to look like this or it would not work:

TTMenu
d_system
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi
TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.INI
YSMenu.nds
_DS_MENU.DAT

If I had copies of the files listed in the root of the SD above in the TTmenu director it would screw up or if I placed any other system files from the TTmenu directory into the root it would screw up.

I assuming you are using @Pong20302000's Extinfo.dat, Savlib.dat, Infolib.dat files. Are these files located in the TTmenu or the root of the SD? If they are in the root of your card try moving them to the TTmenu directory.

Unfortunatly I don't know a lot about the DSTT so if this doesn't work I have no idea. I think the Catboy had it running on a DSTT so you could try a PM.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Valguerra said:
Xenon++ said:

sonic racing
sonic collection
zhu zhu pets
sonny with a chance
tetris party deluxe

any ideas?
It has been ages since I used YSmenu and the instructions below are for an R4, but I remember having problems with the location of some files.

YSmenu ran on my R4 standalone and certain files could be in the root of the card or in the TTmenu directory. When I started using DScovered it was very picky about the location of some of the system files.

TTMenu
d_system
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi
TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.INI
YSMenu.nds
_DS_MENU.DAT

If I had copies of the files listed in the root of the SD above in the TTmenu director it would screw up or if I placed any other system files from the TTmenu directory into the root it would screw up.

I assuming you are using @Pong20302000's Extinfo.dat, Savlib.dat, Infolib.dat files. Are these files located in the TTmenu or the root of the SD? If they are in the root of your card try moving them to the TTmenu directory.

Unfortunatly I don't know a lot about the DSTT so if this doesn't work I have no idea. I think the Catboy had it running on a DSTT so you could try a PM.

Well in the root if the sd card following files:
TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.INI
YSMENU.NDS
_DS_MENU_DAT
D_system folder
TTMENU Folder
the extinfo,savlib,infolib are iside the TTMENU folder.

TestNtune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
Mantis41 said:
Valguerra said:
Xenon++ said:

sonic racing
sonic collection
zhu zhu pets
sonny with a chance
tetris party deluxe

any ideas?

TTMenu
d_system
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi
TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.INI
YSMenu.nds
_DS_MENU.DAT

TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.INI
YSMENU.NDS
_DS_MENU_DAT
D_system folder
TTMENU Folder

You should have a file named TTmenu.dat in the root of the sd. It should be DSCovered.nds renamed to TTmenu.dat
At least you should have the DSCovered.nds in the root. _DS_MENU_.dat only works on r4 carts. TTmenu.dat is the file that boots on start up of the DS even if it is some other .nds executable renamed.
You should follow the readme file that is included in the following link:
http://spinalcode.co.uk/wp-content/plugins...wnload.php?id=1

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TestNtune said:
Valguerra said:
Mantis41 said:
Valguerra said:
Xenon++ said:

sonic racing
sonic collection
zhu zhu pets
sonny with a chance
tetris party deluxe

any ideas?

TTMenu
d_system
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi
TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.INI
YSMenu.nds
_DS_MENU.DAT

TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.INI
YSMENU.NDS
_DS_MENU_DAT
D_system folder
TTMENU Folder

You should have a file named TTmenu.dat in the root of the sd. It should be DSCovered.nds renamed to TTmenu.dat
At least you should have the DSCovered.nds in the root. _DS_MENU_.dat only works on r4 carts. TTmenu.dat is the file that boots on start up of the DS even if it is some other .nds executable renamed.
You should follow the readme file that is included in the following link:
http://spinalcode.co.uk/wp-content/plugins...wnload.php?id=1

well tryed renaming the dscovered.nds ttmenu.dat, get error didl not patch. with the regular ttmenu.dat and the dsystem folder it loads the dscovered with no problem. i also put the dscovered.nd in the rooute of the card. But it does not launch the games. but with the regular menu it launch the game. tryed everything.

Testune if you got this to work, maybe you an upload the files?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
well tryed renaming the dscovered.nds ttmenu.dat, get error didl not patch. with the regular ttmenu.dat and the dsystem folder it loads the dscovered with no problem. i also put the dscovered.nd in the rooute of the card. But it does not launch the games. but with the regular menu it launch the game. tryed everything.

o.0 Enough with the large quotes...Anyways, have you dldi-patched the dscovered.nds?

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Valguerra said:

o.0 Enough with the large quotes...Anyways, have you dldi-patched the dscovered.nds?

Have not, but how do we DLDI patch again?

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
You could get the dlditool and the ttio.dldi. The dlditool's GUI is pretty self-explanatory after that.

GOt it patch it started right up. Got the ext, salib and info. But toy story get error -5, zhu zhu pets white screen still. i deleted save files of the nds. even ysmenu gives me the error.

do i need the following files if am using dstt:

r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
GOt it patch it started right up. Got the ext, salib and info. But toy story get error -5, zhu zhu pets white screen still. i deleted save files of the nds. even ysmenu gives me the error.

do i need the following files if am using dstt:

r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi
o.0 you shouldn't even have those if you are compiling ysmenu correctly. Just delete that stuff since you don't need it. I have no idea if that does anything to the build of ysmenu, but it's not a hard process in any case so you could just redo it without the r4tf.dldi anywhere close to the ysmenu folder and try it again.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to bump this old topic but I have a question,

Does it work on dstwo, and will there be a auto load function when I choose ds-game on the iMenu?

Is it abandoned? When will there be a next release?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM