Homebrew Coverflow DS (New project)

googoogajoob

Trophies
XP
Country
Please help!

I have tried and tried to install DScovered, but every time it loads the bottom screen is blank except for the word 'Unknown'.
(see photo here)

I installed YSmenu using this guide:
http://gbatemp.net/t164359-guide-to-instal...he-r4?&st=0
...and YSmenu runs fine, I can play my games using that no problem.

However when I copy DScovered's _DS_MENU.DAT and d_system folder, I have the said problem (I've tried v1.2 and v1.1 of DScovered).
I am using an R4 original.

In the root of my SD card I have:
d_system (folder)
TTMenu (folder)
_DS_MENU.DAT
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi
TTMENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS
YSMENU.INI
...and my .nds files.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

googoogajoob

Trophies
XP
Country
Problem solved - I wasn't clicking 'Update Card' in DScovery - I was just opening it up and checking that all the covers were right, then closing it.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be perfectly honest this homebrew was a bit of a handful to get working when it was used on the cards it was designed for. A year or more on who knows how it will behave on newer firmware much less trying to find loaders for and getting it to autorun on an unknown R4 clone. You will also have to make covers for the new games that will not be in the original library and then wrestle with the windows app dscovery.

All in all in a lot of work to resurrect this and probably only for a very small number of users.

Edit: A lot of hard work unless of course you have Xenon, Taiju, Avenir helping you.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry to bump an old-ish thread, but does anyone have a copy of the newest loader_ysmenu.nds? I just got a DSTT and would love to use DSCovered, but can't due to my saves getting corrupted by the old loader.

EDIT: I couldn't find the newer version, so I made my own. If anyone wants it, it's here: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-sifjarysloader-10-f31343.html

The included readme should give all the details necessary for using it.

alcibiade

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks a lot SifJar! now saving works properly on a R4i-sdhc card with Ysmenu. By the way, I had to rename template.ini to ystemplate.ini to make it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol