spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
obito said:
Mantis41 said:
obito said:
obito said:
ahhhh fuck.

can't get it to work. it seems so cool though.

when i load it up all that appears is purple on the top screen with options, set as favourite etc and the bottom is just black.

what am I missing?

help?
You using r4, YSMENU?

No, Ak2i

1. Install akaio onto your card.
2. rename akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds
3. copy akmenu4.nds AND the d_system folder to the root of your card
4. run dscoverey.exe, select your card in the top left corner, check andy games that you want on the list, click update in the bottom right corner.
5. put you card back in your ds and power up.

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey it's RockFlor from Youtube
Thanks for the app Spinal,it works like magic on my Acekard 2i with Akaio 1.6RC2.
I see some of the peoples here having problem using it so i was thinking about making a tutorial vid how to use it.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
FTommy said:
Hey it's RockFlor from Youtube
Thanks for the app Spinal,it works like magic on my Acekard 2i with Akaio 1.6RC2.
I see some of the peoples here having problem using it so i was thinking about making a tutorial vid how to use it.

Another satisfied customer
tongue.gif

[edit]
Some clown is distributing a pre-setup outdated R4 version of DScovered which includes moonshell, DSorganise and ysmenu as well as all of the covers (two copies of each!!) I recommend that anyone who actually cares should download DSCovered only from my own website (http://spinalcode.co.uk) as it is the only version that gets updated. I don't mind being mirrored on news sites etc. as long as a link to my homepage is included. There are perfectly good instructions for setting up DSCovered on the R4 here. I would hate to stop updating DSCovered.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally made it work!. Is there a way to change the name that appears for each game when one is assigning the covers? Like for example, the name for wario DIY is displayed as DSMIO, is it possible to change it to Wario DIY ??

Edit: I figured it out, thanks for this great app.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
spinal_cord said:
obito said:
Mantis41 said:
obito said:
obito said:
ahhhh fuck.

can't get it to work. it seems so cool though.

when i load it up all that appears is purple on the top screen with options, set as favourite etc and the bottom is just black.

what am I missing?

help?
You using r4, YSMENU?

No, Ak2i

1. Install akaio onto your card.
3. copy akmenu4.nds AND the d_system folder to the root of your card
4. run dscoverey.exe, select your card in the top left corner, check andy games that you want on the list, click update in the bottom right corner.
5. put you card back in your ds and power up.

Ok, everything looks fine, until i try to load a game.. the screen flashes black, then white, then just goes back to the game selection screen. =/

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a m3 simply/r4 with ysmenu with a 1GB card. When I try to start the cart i get a "Loading..." screen forever. I've tried both r4 dldi patches and they both do the same thing. ysmenu works fine on it's own.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
dohclude said:
I'm using a m3 simply/r4 with ysmenu with a 1GB card. When I try to start the cart i get a "Loading..." screen forever. I've tried both r4 dldi patches and they both do the same thing. ysmenu works fine on it's own.

sorry about that, there was a bug in the last update. here is a fixed R4 _ds_menu.dat file.
Everything should be normal again for the next release.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks, that did the trick. Gives me a reason to dust off the old m3 simply. Nice Work Spinal!

*EDIT
Well I can at least get to the menu, but when I launch any games or homebrew it just gives me a couple of white screens.

obito

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
spinal_cord said:
obito said:
Ok, everything looks fine, until i try to load a game.. the screen flashes black, then white, then just goes back to the game selection screen. =/
Go into the settings, make sure loader_akaio.nds is selected.
it is. also i have managed to get homebrews to work. just the ds games arent working.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
dohclude said:
thanks, that did the trick. Gives me a reason to dust off the old m3 simply. Nice Work Spinal!

*EDIT
Well I can at least get to the menu, but when I launch any games or homebrew it just gives me a couple of white screens.

Try following this guide -> http://filetrip.net/f10175-Instructions-fo...n-R4DS-1-0.html.
maybe you should put the fixed _DS_MENU.DAT in the RAR (or at least the front page) because i followed that guide and it took me 5 minutes to find the fixed _DS_MENU.DAT for R4

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
dohclude said:

*EDIT

Try following this guide -> http://filetrip.net/f10175-Instructions-fo...n-R4DS-1-0.html.

Thanks, I followed the guide and got it to boot games pretty well, although it won't load any homebrew at all. I just get a grey top screen and a black bottom screen when I try to run anything that isn't a nds game.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
dohclude said:
Thanks, I followed the guide and got it to boot games pretty well, although it won't load any homebrew at all. I just get a grey top screen and a black bottom screen when I try to run anything that isn't a nds game.

Try unselecting 'Load Homebrew Externally' in the settings.

obito

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
spinal_cord said:
dohclude said:

Try unselecting 'Load Homebrew Externally' in the settings.

I've done this too, my homebrews load perfectly now.

My games still just go to a black and white screen then go back to the menu though.

And how do I stop all the games I select going to autorun?!!

obito

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Actually, I'm using an acekard 2i.
I'm using coverflow ds, and when I select a game, it doesn't load.
If i start my ds up again, the game that i last selected automatically boots.

EDIT: i figured out the autorun problem

but I still can't load roms.

I think I'll just delete coverflow, because I just can't get it to work.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
1. install akaio
3. copy the akmenu4.nds from the dscovered download to the root of your card
4. dscovered should load as soon as the card is booted and everything should work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5