Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
You can copy games using the loaders copying function. You need to set it in config.txt to normal mode to allow that though. But yeah you can do that straight from the Wii. It's a lot slower and I don't know if the WBFS managers for the pc allow you to copy from your drive back to the pc. Can someone shed some light here on that. I use the Mac WBFS to do my games and I have them stored on my Mac so unsure.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Pac, Cd, Tac and Oops: pm sent and feedback needed.

By the way, i also updated the wiki.
Known bugs by now:
- the cursor in the settings screen may sometime don't show... don't know why yet, just make sure to press right/left arrow before opening the settings screen.
- some user (2) reported that if a nunchuck is attached to the wiimote, it will crash the wii. never happened to me, but there's a workaround. Hold A while booting the loader and it will bypass this "bug" (well still unverified, it did work for some user on another thread).

QUOTE said:
ok can wbfs partition be browsed in windows?
Nope, only WBFS managers/installer can.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
If you have the game disc you can just connect your usb drive to the Wii. The loader will partition any partitions you want to the WBFS file format, and then what ever game you insert into the Wii you can choose to install it or delete it if you have already installed it. That is probably the easiest way for you right now.

This way you can add and delete games using the loader through the Wii. Ignore the WBFS programs for the pc if your unsure how to use them.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this for going from burned DVD backups (the ones you put in the Wii to play a game) directly to WBFS drive, without the need to create a big, temp .iso on your regular HD. I'm just finishing up copying a load of games over and will report how it went when I get a chance to test them, but all appears to be going well so far.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150121

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
USB Loader v0.9 alpha6 by DK :
http://rapidshare.com/files/231467334/CF7_rev9a6-051009.rar

Changelog for rev9alpha6:
QUOTE said:
- Switched the main app folder to Coverflow7 instead of usbloaderDK, just rename your previous folder.
- Switched the main images folder to usb-loaderCF7 instead of usb-loaderAB, just rename your previous folder.
- Improved the code (had to rewrite it) so that now it’s fully compatible with forwarder’s.
- Provided our own and official forwarder.dol (nunchuck bug fixed) to inject in your own wad.
- Fixed a minor bug that prevented to load the main background if the config path was changed.
- Fixed a minor bug in main console transparency.
- Restored the old way to scroll a page due to user request : up = previous page and down = next page.
- Added the ability to hold the buttons down to scroll faster (it got me bored to keep on pressing them all the time...)
- Added the ability to download all missing covers. Press button 2 in the settings screen (if auto download is OFF, it will force downloading).
- Improved the cover download routine to allow the missing ones to be download.
- Removed the ability to delete a game while pressing minus in the settings screen.

Known bugs:
Some users (at least 2 of them) reported that if a nunchuck is attached to the wiimote, it will crash the wii.
It never happened to me, but i’ve read that there’s a workaround for it:
Hold A while booting the loader and it will bypass this “bug” (well still unverified, it did work for some user on another thread).

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It might be nice to give a premade config.txt for the widescreen backgrounds, if you're going to bother including them in the archive. I saw there was a coordinates folder as well, but I don't think that gave all of the needed information, or I could just be doing something wrong.

Edit: Also, downloading all missing covers breaks after 50 covers, when apparently libPNG runs out of memory.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i load this loader, the screen looks distorted, like its running out off sync. I have a pal wii on 3.4E set to 60Hrz. Any idea what could be wrong?

johny48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
Having the same issue as previouse posted by jhoff80 Quote (downloading all missing covers breaks after 50 covers, when apparently libPNG runs out of memory)
cheers johny48

elistan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you guys confirm if the cover for the game Klonoa (ntsc) has a problem ? I just tried this great loader and when it downloaded the cover for the game Klonoa it displays the previous game cover but when I go to settings it has the correct 3D cover.

Thanks.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of response from me the last two days. Been really busy trying ot get bits and bobs done.

Great work with Don as always and that is Rev Alpha6 out for release. You can find details on the first post of the thread.

Regarding the memory issue I will tell Don about it tomorrow, hopefully it's something fairly easy to remedy.

@elistan
With regards to the covers for Klonoa. Make sure you haven't named a cover the same as Klonoa and got mixed up. What I suggest though is just delete it and let it download again from the server.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@spidey1000
Hey there. Not sure what is causing your issue. Make sure you don't have some issue with cables or something. It seems to work fine on my screen and most others so I think it must be an isolated case with yourself which leads me to believe it's your setup.

However I'll see if Don can shed some light if you haven't already found a solution.

With regards to our next project. It's progressing well so far. Still trying to tie parts together and make sure they are intuitive to use. We could probably knock something out quick but we want to get it polished and looking great and make sure it's easy to use but still offer good customisation. So bear with us, no eta for it but as it moves along we might just post some updates here or there on it.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elistan said:
Can you guys confirm if the cover for the game Klonoa (ntsc) has a problem ? I just tried this great loader and when it downloaded the cover for the game Klonoa it displays the previous game cover but when I go to settings it has the correct 3D cover.

Thanks.

The Klonoa image uploaded to the site is a JPEG image saved with the PNG extension, so it's confusing loaders. Open it in paint, save as a png, and then copy it back, and it'll work.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks to jhoff80, i was going to post that but he was quicker than I. You can see a proper version in the settings since it's a different one (3d instead of flat).
For the 50 cover mem break i'll fix it in the next release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH