Reactions: Flame and BigOnYa

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
.. But "Accounting Computer" sounds fancier.
you can call shit night soil, but it doesn't stop being shit.

I think one of my biggest pet peeves about people selling shit online, is that more often than not they want to sell an item for top dollar but can't spend 20 seconds cleaning the item. There is a PC on the FB marketplace at the moment that is £500 - It's about £250 overpriced ( and that is being generous) but there is a thick (and I mean THIIICCCC) buildup of dust everywhere, and that's just what you can see, I dread to think what lurks in the heatsink and graphics card. - If memory serves it's a 2nd gen I5, get 640 4GB ram. no keyboard no mouse no monitor.

The other listings that always get my goat are filthy keyboards. MY GOD! you want £120 for a £100 keyboard you could at least give it a 5 second clean to make it look presentable. I had someone not too long ago looking for a Model F keyboard, not exactly common but not too rare either. managed to find one for him and the pics were horrendous, ill see if I can dig them out and I told him well you can either have it as is to I'll deep clean it for him and make sure everything is in working order for a small fee. He chose the latter. The pure amount of cigarette ash, hair, and fingernails that came out of this small keyboard was stomach-churning.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can call shit night soil, but it doesn't stop being shit.

I think one of my biggest pet peeves about people selling shit online, is that more often than not they want to sell an item for top dollar but can't spend 20 seconds cleaning the item. There is a PC on the FB marketplace at the moment that is £500 - It's about £250 overpriced ( and that is being generous) but there is a thick (and I mean THIIICCCC) buildup of dust everywhere, and that's just what you can see, I dread to think what lurks in the heatsink and graphics card. - If memory serves it's a 2nd gen I5, get 640 4GB ram. no keyboard no mouse no monitor.

The other listings that always get my goat are filthy keyboards. MY GOD! you want £120 for a £100 keyboard you could at least give it a 5 second clean to make it look presentable. I had someone not too long ago looking for a Model F keyboard, not exactly common but not too rare either. managed to find one for him and the pics were horrendous, ill see if I can dig them out and I told him well you can either have it as is to I'll deep clean it for him and make sure everything is in working order for a small fee. He chose the latter. The pure amount of cigarette ash, hair, and fingernails that came out of this small keyboard was stomach-churning.
Agreed! My take is, since it's for sale means that the seller doesn't care about whatever he's trying to sell..
I lost count for how many times i had to clean something after buying either consoles/controllers/cables etc, i just have clean the living shit out of them to put my mind at ease, to ensure that it's in good working condition, or if something needs to be fixed i'll try to replace it..
But this level of care comes from love/appreciation & passion for this stuff, people like that they just want to get a quick buck and simply don't care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp