Hacking Crown3ds flashcard - Hacking your 3DS and playing 3DS games

Status
Not open for further replies.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you guys need to all chill out with the screaming, totally went off topic to yelling. LOL. so about crown3ds....................

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
CropUpAnywhere said:
BlueStar said:
CropUpAnywhere said:
HAH double post noob ^

Well that was certainly worth signing up to post.
Indeed it was.
lol
rolleyes.gif

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiel379 said:
bowser said:
kiel379 said:
tbh i don't understand why theirs such a big stigma about pirating, especially with games consoles, if you think about it probably about 80% of ds owners don't even know flashcarts exist and of the remaining 20%, 5% max will actually own one. i did just make these figures up based on what other temp users have said but i recon its true, i know at least 12 people with a ds and only 3 of them know about flashcarts and that's only because i told them. at this point in time piracy is not a big issue with games, in a few years when the general populous gets more computer savvy then it will be a huge problem but right now i think were at time where we can mostly slip under the radar and continue to do what we do thanks to the masses not knowing about it and continuing to throw their money at greedy companies. anyone agree????
I don't know about that. Hasn't piracy been around for a long time?
well when you think about game piracy no not realy, compare it to music piracy, nearly everyone in the developed world knows that you can get music for free but the same cannot be said for games

due to the fact that there are direct ways to combat game piracy, it will NEVER be as wide spread as music piracy. average joe can run a bit torrent client on some shitty public tracker or use whatever the traditional kazaa-esque flavor of the week is and grab their low quality mis-tagged music and everything just works.

with games, you have to actually invest time to keep up with the latest tricks for getting around each and every security update. you have to know what you are doing so you don't get your console banned (not an issue with nintendo consoles, but you said game piracy so i'm going to address game piracy in general). the ability to directly fightback through updates (which new games will require) means that game piracy will never be at the same level as music or movie piracy.

and at those saying this thread is about the first 3ds flash cart and all piracy discussion is completely off topic, lol. how can you say that with a straight face? the two are very tightly intertwined. will some people use the flash carts for legitimate backups? definitely. will everyone? definitely not. whether you are willing to admit it or not, it isn't off topic.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reaper527 said:
due to the fact that there are direct ways to combat game piracy, it will NEVER be as wide spread as music piracy. average joe can run a bit torrent client on some shitty public tracker or use whatever the traditional kazaa-esque flavor of the week is and grab their low quality mis-tagged music and everything just works.

with games, you have to actually invest time to keep up with the latest tricks for getting around each and every security update. you have to know what you are doing so you don't get your console banned (not an issue with nintendo consoles, but you said game piracy so i'm going to address game piracy in general). the ability to directly fightback through updates (which new games will require) means that game piracy will never be at the same level as music or movie piracy.
Your argument only really holds true for console games and games that people want to play online. Piracy of offline PC games is comparable to piracy of music in easiness. DRM ends up hurting the people that purchase the games legitimately much more than it hurts the people that pirate it (in which case the cracker has removed all the DRM) leading to the legitimate owner dealing with the headaches of disabling/removing all software the DRM code doesn't like. Hell, even with the wii, nintendo put all wii owners at risk of a bricked system by updating boot2 in an unsafe manner whereas all the hackers/pirates could use homebrew software to manually update boot2 themselves and avoid risk of the brick.

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nano351 said:
reaper527 said:

Your argument only really holds true for console games and games that people want to play online. Piracy of offline PC games is comparable to piracy of music in easiness. DRM ends up hurting the people that purchase the games legitimately much more than it hurts the people that pirate it (in which case the cracker has removed all the DRM) leading to the legitimate owner dealing with the headaches of disabling/removing all software the DRM code doesn't like. Hell, even with the wii, nintendo put all wii owners at risk of a bricked system by updating boot2 in an unsafe manner whereas all the hackers/pirates could use homebrew software to manually update boot2 themselves and avoid risk of the brick.

let me know when mp3's have always on, always requiring a net connection drm like assassins creed 2 and starcraft. let me know when you have to apply a crack to each album you download. let me know when you could potentially be waiting months for a crack on an album that may or may not work properly up until completion.

saying offline pc game piracy is akin to music and movie piracy is a ridiculous claim. i restate what i said. game piracy will NEVER be as easy as music or movie piracy, and this will keep the average non-tech savvy person out.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikochanr3 said:
cracker said:
For all of those who go off on a tangent and focus on people pirating...

Many so-called pirates actually just collect the image and never even play them -- just for the sake of making a 'complete set' of which nothing will ensue -- hoarding.

Of the rest, many of them buy the games that they get a chance to experience and buy those titles they enjoy and the rest they dispose of (as you would a rental that you didn't like).

The small minority of people actually get more games than they would buy and play them all to death thus suffering job loss and living in their own feces...
That's BS. When the bigger games come out people have a total fit. Those are games they would buy. But they don't.

Look i pirate A LOT but the people here who want to say it doesn't hurt the companies at all, it's justified because somehow Nintendo "screwed" you (like Video games are a staple item you need to leave), etc. need to get perspective. We take. BECAUSE WE CAN. And its cheaper. We all got used to playing tons of games because of piracy. Just like the music.

"i only pirate because Nintendo puts out crap, it's their fault" Whatever gets you through the day...

This from a self-confirmed ('A LOT') pirate... LOL!!!!

I don't know if you are in group 3 or not but what I said still stands true in my eyes. Most 'pirates' just do it for the sake of getting something online for free and/or 'sticking it to the man' just because they found it -- yet never even use it or play it briefly and forget about it -- essentially a trial/self-restricted demo. Many people do this on a regular basis and just waste space on their drive or stock them away on discs and forget about them.

Piracy or not -- true game lovers buy the titles that they love and are affordable in their budget.

Kinnikuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As productive as debating whether or not pirating is okay is....Let's stick to what's going on with the flashcard eh?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it seems OT but obviously many of those commenting believe it IS on topic. Afterall, flash carts aren't explicitly for the use of people who want to store their bought games onto a single cart (which this probably won't even do). Flash cart threads go hand in hand with pirating.

Flash cart noobs...

FLAME SHIELD UP!

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to try and keep things on topic and get my question possibly answered...Since it would be hard for them to know if its a pirated game on this crown3ds cart would they be able to ban people online (its a bit different now with a single friend code i guess) Could they even tell?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If the games has to be 1:1 for them to work on this flashcard, then the chances of it allowing games from any region to work is slim if such region locking is within the game code/data itself, which is encrypted. Region-locking would still be in effect, in a matter of speaking.

Also, they mentioned they only got one game working atm, Splinter Cell 3D. If 1:1 duplicates are meant to work, then shouldn't any valid dumps of other games work, or is there a difference between them and they were lucky enough to get SC 3D working?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as any of us non-Crown3ds team members know it is vaporware. None of us know if it is bulletproof for online usage. But on a side note, the Big N hasn't banned anyone online on the previous hardware they have released for similar acts that I know of...

Melee54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
If the games has to be 1:1 for them to work on this flashcard, then the chances of it allowing games from any region to work is slim if such region locking is within the game code/data itself, which is encrypted. Region-locking would still be in effect, in a matter of speaking.

They said on their facebook page "of course we are trying to unlock the region problem. working hard on it."

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Melee54 said:
They said on their facebook page "of course we are trying to unlock the region problem. working hard on it."
Well, we'll see if they can do it, but I don't think so.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Why go to the trouble of banning people? Hardly anyone plays Nintendo games online

BTW I wouldn't worry about Crown3DS not bypassing the region lock. The fact that they're able to do what they're doing right now means the console should be busted wide open within a year

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sad part is..even if this thing came out tomorrow...there would be almost nothing for me to play.

good games need to come quicker.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have here a Q&A of sorts, compiled from their Facebook page by the same person who informed Costello of this thread.
QUOTE(Q&A Compiled from Facebook) said:
Q. Will this card support Japan region 3DS?
Crown Flashcard: Sure, it will support all kinds of 3DS versions.

Q. Will the Crown 3DS support all region 3DS games?
Crown Flashcard: thanks for your questions, currently it can't , but when we release this card finally, it will for sure. we are working hard on it.

Q. Quick question do you guys think homebrew would be possible now?
Crown Flashcard: still too early to talk about it.

Q. It must feel great to be the first ones on the scene?
Crown Flashcard: lol glad to hear that you guys are interested in our item,working hard on it.

Q. Just tell me were and when to throw my money your way
Crown Flashcard: thanks, until now, we haven't decided the price yet and also didn't assign any reseller, we will do these jobs when the flashcard is ready to release, just keep in touch with us, follow my twitter (crown3ds) to get the update news.

Q. I want to know if this might brick the system?
Crown Flashcard: until now, there is no sign that it will brick the console, we will keep an eye on it, when this item finally releases, you guys must be safe to use it.

Q. Try to remove regional protection?
Crown Flashcard: of course we are trying to unlock the region problem. working hard on it.

Q. When will you release the flashcard?
Crown Flashcard: still working on hard on it, will release it as well as we can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/W-k8itKhZzE?si=x1FjAoq74Jv0TAUx +1