Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No-one has been able to run any code on the 3ds as far as i can tell. For all i know crown 3ds simply soldered the tom clancey game chip onto a breadboard and used the pin layout to connect wires to a dechipped 3ds board. In my opinion this is completely fake. I think the only true hacks we'll see will be from the people at 3dbrew, they seem to know what there doing from a technical perspective.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
undersand : ) make one movie with one 3ds game to 100% run from sd card
Not paying any attention?

It's not from SD card.
He might've meant the external memory that goes in the flashcard, usually.
MicroSD cards are SD cards in that respect.
Yeah that's what I thought, but nothing here shows it's like that, and speculation on things we've shown indicates it's not like that.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah that's what I thought, but nothing here shows it's like that, and speculation on things we've shown indicates it's not like that.
We can only hope, seeing as that's the standard set by the R4DS now.

Wouldn't it be crazy if flashcarts just developed into a basic firmware flashing utility, to then run roms of the SD card though? A man can dream.
With an implementation more like the wii that seems somehow more possible. Of course, SD is slower access than cartridge though, so a standard microSD flashcart would remain the best option.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is possible a new team like crown3ds can only hack 3ds?other teams like acekard with experence can do nothing?
Because this "hack" sucks, it uses cloning which mean no homebrew and only 1 game on your flashcart at a time.

No other team wants to bother until a real exploit comes along
not true, there would be ways of having a clone card be able to have more than 1 rom on it at a time. i can think of several, and absent a gui ,you could have 2 sets of the ram chips the 3ds games use , and a button on the card or a small switch ,or you could have a gui that you use in ds mode to select the rom, or the best way would be to have 1 set of 3ds cart ram and a micro sd,then you would go into ds mode where it would run a program in ds mode that would allow you to select and flash a rom from the micro sd card of the 3ds flashcart on to the 3ds cart ram inside the 3ds flashcart , then you boot back to the home screen and run it ,you would have to boot to ds mode every time you want to flash a new rom to the ram/play another game but still better than nothing or it could use a crude external switch ,you could have have a momentary button and a 5 color led on the top of the card,assign each rom a different color and use the button to cycle through the different colors that would represent the different memory locations you assigned roms to ,then the led could blink and go out to let you know its flashing and when its done ,instead of an lcd screen on the cart, or it could just a ds mode gui ,point is there are many ways a "clone cart" could be used to play more than 1 rom, with or without a gui ,which would have to be ds mode gui
instead of having to use a pc to flash different roms to the 3ds cart ram ,the ds mode could be used to circumvent the need to use pc for flashing all the time
but if ninty is successful at blocking ds mode carts then no gui would be possible obviously, but at this pint i think thats doubtful

oh i just thought of something,i was about to point out that the ds can run windows and linux,so therefore it is like a computer and would have no trouble being able to facilitate flashing roms from micro sd to 3ds flashcard ram with a gui ,but only runs linux with the memory expansion in the ds lite,for linux anyways , i never had a dsi or used it on the 3ds so does the 3ds have ability to use an expanded memory? like will the opera browser run on 3ds from a ds card or flashcard? or will it not run cause it does not have the expanded memory available to it in ds mode that the jump pak adds/would add with a lite plus the jump pak?

EDIT: CRAP it dont work ! opera wont run ! says it needs the memory expansion, you think nintendo would have included extra memory assigned to the 3ds ds mode, but no

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D

Deleted User

Nevermind the fact it crashes, how have they managed to get the 3D splash screen to display properly? That would at least mean the cart is being seen as a 3DS cart before boots.
Funny camera angles and video splicing

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
...86 pages? My god...I thought this thing would die when I last posted in it.

We'll never know if it's fake or not until further proof comes along for both, piracy is a moral decision based on your own opinions, there are quite a few possibilities in which this flashcart could work (if real). Being able to run one game at a time is a start (if it's real), so don't complain (if it's real) when it gets released like this.
[/thread].

Close thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLg85Bwkfmo