Not open for further replies.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
just wait if like the reseller says it is coming in around 1 month then expect copies of the flashcarts within the next few months and the price will go way down after that

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Alan John said:
If they mass-produce these my chances of getting a 3DS will go up to 45%
And people buying games will drop, but since they appear to be using commercial games to make this, I doubt they will get very far.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Alan John said:
And people buying games will drop, but since they appear to be using commercial games to make this, I doubt they will get very far.
more 3ds sold means more chances for game sales and the console looking better to game developers as more people have one

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
deathking said:
Alan John said:
more 3ds sold means more chances for game sales and the console looking better to game developers as more people have one
If people are buying 3DS's for a flashcard, do you think they have buying games in mind?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alan John said:
DSi flashcart uses commercial headers, even the CycloDS Evolution uses the DSi save data hack, they get the end user to install the rom themselves. Unless this flashcart is coming with the rom already installed, in which i doubt.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
About time we get to see a 3DS flashcart, even though it slow progress; only able to play one game at a time and not available to all yet.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
heartgold said:
Alan John said:
DSi flashcart uses commercial headers, even the CycloDS Evolution uses the DSi save data hack, they get the end user to install the rom themselves. Unless this flashcart is coming with the rom already installed, in which i doubt.
Those all use their own hardware, this appears to be using a real game that they switched some parts out for other parts

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
we will find out soon if it is real, once people get a hold of it they will learn more about the 3DS too. Then we will have clones for $10.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why people would think this is fake. It's either a recreated 3ds cartridge or a hacked up 3ds cartridge with rewritable memory, so people will be able to load up their pirated roms and play them. This is probably the most basic card their can be (and I'm curious what took so long for someone to decide to make it).

No exploit has been found for running unsigned code so there won't be any homebrew or bootloader anytime soon (although when an exploit is found we have a cart we can load code onto for testing now).

It won't be worth buying this for $99 imo since you can only use it for piracy and 1 game at a time at that. Probably will be cloned many times over and there'll be cheaper ones eventually, won't be cool until we can run unsigned code though
frown.gif

On a side note, they'd probably make a good chunk of cash if they sell a dumping kit for 3ds games. Also, would help get people to buy their cart since there's only 3 EUR games dumped so far and available for piracy which means other regions are SoL

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Now is the better time for them to release this, as people will buy all the old stock of the 3DS and then nintendo can start selling the new '3DS' with extra analog + fix for this cartridge
tongue.gif

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heartgold said:
Alan John said:
Those all use their own hardware, this appears to be using a real game that they switched some parts out for other parts
Well it's 1:1, the game itself is a rom, so it's probably the codes, encrytion etc trying to replicate it as a real cart, as do most flashcarts out there. If it indeed was the same hardware, wouldn't that mean they have to buy real 3DS carts to take parts out? I'm mistaken so please elaborate more.

Crimson Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
3DS sales will soar, however they need to get some information out to the public before Nintendo sues their asses
ohnoes.png

Like the R4, once the information was out, Nintendo could do nothing about it.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, a breakthrough already? My instinct is telling that this is real, not fake. If this gets released I will 100% definitely buy a 3DS!
yay.gif

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
Alan John said:
yeah i agree, i bet nintendo are secretly laughing all the way to the bank on this one, if they didnt secretly have something to do with it, i mean think about it, a flashcard would only boost nintendos sales, and potentially hurt their licensees ,and to everyone complaining saying it will only lead to shovelware, the people who made all the shovelware for the ds and made a ton of money are lined right back up to buy licenses for the 3ds ,why wouldnt they if they made money doing it before? its not about piracy or no piracy ,its about a million little spoiled little ankle biters out there that will nag their parents to no end till they buy them justin beiber bowlcut beatoff,or whatever
the fact is that good games take alot of time, they always have, i remember adventures of link being delayed 50 times back in the day,the fact is that most of the quality games for nintendos systems come from nintendo, and nintendo is extremely slow to release anything ,they dont release untill its perfect,i think miyamoto is a nazi like perfectionist, i bet hes hell to work for, look how many zelda games there are, not many,metroid, mario,and on and on,they dont put out enough quality titles and they never have,

but i wish this had come out at a later time myself ,cause now if an update comes out ill be torn on wheather or not to do it,i wish they waited till, mario kart, kid icarus ,and mario were out atleast ,and till the browser had been updated with flash and we got a 3d video recorder, or something
they will have all sorts of ways to entice us to update now, its always better to wait a bit i think

although updates may not be able to do much with this ,also there is no menu and as collosal pokemon said it may not have one cause they would need an exploit to get a menu or a way to load games from an onscreen menu, but then again if you look at what wassabi has done with their 360 ODE,they have a way to use the 360 dash to select iso images off a list to load into the ODE, reportedly it uses a feature of the dash that is for reading files from data discs,not likely to be removed,

so im wondering if this type of flahcard will be able to have a menu or if it will only do one, or a few games at one time, maybe with something crude like 3 or 4 or 5 preset flash buttons on the top of the cart for selecting different games, in the future models, or if there will be a way of having a menu without finding an exploit? or maybe failing that i wonder if they could do something similar to what wassabi has done, although i doubt it since there is no sd file loading from the 3ds menu ,and even if there was, wassabi uses disc loading, where the games are on the emulated disc but still connected to the dvd drives sata connector, if 3ds had sd loading the games would be at the cart slot not sd so it probably would help

herbinator

Trophies
XP
Country
I for one am very happy to hear this news i felt thoroughly shafted by the lack of games for gamers on the wii,also still peed off with the price drop on the 3ds as for the games offered on the ambassader program what a fuffin insult we should have been compensated with 3 full price retail games of our choice nothing less!!
Not to mention the price of the eshop games i will never by the Wii U as after years of being shafted by nintendo ive had enough i will gleefully pirate the 3ds games when it becomes possible without an ounce of remorse
angry.gif

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah you do have a point, they want to charge you for everything on there, 2$ for a damn clock ,gimmie a break, and what 4-6 bucks for a damn gb game, they are crazy, and the damn eshop never changes, they never anything new,just shift shit around all the time, and have the same title under 50 different catagories , i think they should have at least had a zelda 1 and 2 classic 3d series out by now, and offered us 20 free games with 3d classic series for ambassadors , but what are there ,like 4 count em 4 3d games on the eshop ,that is ridiculous, i figured with the zelda 25th aniversary we would atleast see a 3d zelda 1 and 2 and a link to the past ,but they dont even have 2d versions available, yea 2 in 2d for ambassadors,thas it, and lame gb zelda for everyone else
but i guess i cant complain caue i got my 3ds at wallmart, they put it on sale like 2 or 3 days before ambassador expired,so i got the lower price and the ambassador games too, too bad i noticed after ambassador ended it had a slight defect on the 3d screen, now i will have to send it out for repair, as they said i couldnt return for a new and keep on ambassador,they wouldnt transfer it, too bad could have given some insight on hoe to exploit it if they did,i tried to grill them about if it was even possible technically and how it might be done, but waste of time ,those people r dumb as rocks on the phone lines, even at the senior level,they tell them nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: