Not open for further replies.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well hopefully now there is a new fw update we will hear some new if this crown is real, i mean the new update is supposed to "block flashcarts" but what does that mean?
does it block ds mode carts only? or 3ds mode carts only ? or does it block ds mode carts and close holes that would allow 3ds mode cards like crorn to run in the future? maybe if crown testes their card and it requires you to have the old fw then we will see an update on their page telling people not to update, i would think if it is real and this new update would block their card ,that they would want to warn people,potential customers not to update, cause if everyone updates to a fw that blocks their card then nobody will be left to buy it

midnight1001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had really hoped that this was real but now im starting to have doubts. I just wish they would give us an update evn if it says we have made no progress... Who knows maybe they have got it working and are waiting for the best time to release it.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
the site is up again, but show the same s**t that before, so i say all about this "new" 3ds flashcard is fake

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
At least, fixing the website shows that there are still someone looking at that webpage.
It could be just someone paid to make the website's content and not the developers themselves, but someone's there, they are not dead ;)

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or they are reading posts about it being dead, and so they jumped on it before people think it's fake. Besides, a new update is out for the 3DS and it blocks carts.. i bet crown3ds is blocked too.

goembario

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At least, fixing the website shows that there are still someone looking at that webpage.
It could be just someone paid to make the website's content and not the developers themselves, but someone's there, they are not dead ;)
yeah it didn't take to long till they fix their website but im curious how far they are with developing :huh:
not that i want it that badly but they didn't give any updates :P

ChristopherMorri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I would believe the hacking of the 3ds if the supercard team made a way to use the DSTWO to at least do a quick demo in 3d mode rather than in ds mode. Basically im saying that if they can get the flash card to boot as a 3ds game. then half of the work is done. But i wont believe anything until more than one dev company plans a release of a flash card or a softmod for the 3ds.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats never going to happen ,you know there going to want to sell us a scds3d or sc3ds or whatever
and i wont mind buyin a new whole new supercard, ,id be happy to pay $100 for it ,and especially happy if it has all the same ds features that dstwo has in it too

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
I've a feeling that 3DS won't be hacked anytime soon, may be in couple years. Hacking consoles have become more and more difficult. Especially when they can just update firmware to disable mod-chip or flashcart. I know we got DS and Wii hacked fast, but look at DSi. Even DSTwo still won't be able to run DSiwares. Don't say nobody interested. There're a lot of people out there want to play DSi games on DSi or 3DS.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no 3DS flashcarts yet simply because it's not worth it.

What's the point of making a flashcard that will be very expensive and only bought by a few select people for playing only the 4 "good" games out for the 3DS? None... yet.

Chinese manufacturer prefer focusing on DS mode flashcarts that works perfectly fine for playing thousand of games and homebrew, and will never by completely blocked because the DS like the gba protection is flawed by design, only way for nintendo to stop DS piracy is like the DSi with the GBA port, to completely suppress DS compatibility.

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Not worth it? Mario 3D land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil Re, KH 3D, SF4, Zelda Remake, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Tennis 3D, Monster Hunter 3G, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Harvest Moon 2 Towns 3D, Animal Crossing, Sonic Generations, Shinobi 3D, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, etc, say Hi! to you. Not to mention a lot of good DSiware games. Sure, there might be firmware to stop the cart, but look at Wii. That didn't stop devs to patch the firmware.

Any dev wants to make it happens because whoever makes it first, will make a lot of money. It's just that nobody figures out how to do it yet (not beacuse they're afraid of firmware update). And I don't think it's coming anytime soon. May be it'll happen in 2013. Also, DS is pretty much dead now. I don't see any interesting development lately. GBA? DS will never be able to run GBA emu perfectly, just like GBA will never be able to run SNES emu perfectly as well. It still gets support because there're still games coming out. But after this year, there will be no more big titles. One Piece Gigant Battle 2 could end up being my last DS game.

Whtrvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
umm . no..

the reason there is no flash card is there hasn't been a useful exploit in which a flash card can utilize to load roms

. not worth it you say? maybe for you. if one existed im sure everyone here would most likely buy one.

There's no 3DS flashcarts yet simply because it's not worth it.

What's the point of making a flashcard that will be very expensive and only bought by a few select people for playing only the 4 "good" games out for the 3DS? None... yet.

Chinese manufacturer prefer focusing on DS mode flashcarts that works perfectly fine for playing thousand of games and homebrew, and will never by completely blocked because the DS like the gba protection is flawed by design, only way for nintendo to stop DS piracy is like the DSi with the GBA port, to completely suppress DS compatibility.

ChristopherMorri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
That's why i think a CFW for the 3DS will be the most efficient way to go. Much like the psp, with constant firmware updates, the only logical way to get around that is to create a CFW of some sort. It may be a year or two until it works, but it would me the most efficient way to do it. That way, we would never have to update the current NDS flash cards just to make it work with the 3DS

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no way cfw will suck , flashcard is the way to go, and the way crown 3ds works supposedly it wont need an exploit really, and wont be able to be patched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A