Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
no way cfw will suck
Oh? The custom firmware for the PSP's pretty bitchin'...

Agreed, custom firmware would be great for the 3DS. I'd rather have full customization of the 3DS's menu than having to use/constantly update a flashcard every time an update is released.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no way cfw will suck

I say he said there's no way the cfw would suck reading just that sentence ;D but really the main reason, like a lot of people would agree, for a cfw now would be to bypass the region lock. Why can't big N be chill about regions? (rhetorical question) I mean if we pay more than extra $20+ per game for imports it should be worth it.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
no way cfw will suck

I say he said there's no way the cfw would suck reading just that sentence ;D but really the main reason, like a lot of people would agree, for a cfw now would be to bypass the region lock. Why can't big N be chill about regions? (rhetorical question) I mean if we pay more than extra $20+ per game for imports it should be worth it.
no way [insert comma] cfw will suck , flashcard is the way to go, and the way crown 3ds works supposedly it wont need an exploit really, and wont be able to be patched
Hopefully, you see it now. ;)

I don't know if either of them will be good for now. Flashcarts are nothing compared to cfws, but you won't be able to update your 3ds' firmware if have cfw. At least for now, major updates are coming out with many features, so being stuck on the same firmware would suck. Eventually, the updates will just be minor bug-fixes or fixes to exploits (aka the "increased system stability" bs :rolleyes:) like the psps firmware updates.

I guess we'll have to wait 'till the good stuff comes to the 3ds, instead of rushing for a cfw now.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
for a cfw now would be to bypass the region lock. Why can't big N be chill about regions? (rhetorical question) I mean if we pay more than extra $20+ per game for imports it should be worth it.
Companies like Nintendo aren't always the ones that decide to do region locking, sometimes big game-producing companies demand it.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the problem is that every body is expecting a home menu and GUI maybe the 3DS is diffrent than other game systems.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess this flashcart will use embedded memory as the microSD memories are too slow to handle properly the 3DS game emulation. Maybe we will be back to the DS-X days with an usb port to link the flashcart to the PC and one game at a time.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I guess this flashcart will use embedded memory as the microSD memories are too slow to handle properly the 3DS game emulation. Maybe we will be back to the DS-X days with an usb port to link the flashcart to the PC and one game at a time.

What are you babbling on about?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no because they could still use both , you would have a 4 ,8 or 16, or 20 ,or whatever the size of the largest 3ds cart memory is going to go up to , inside and then have a micro sd slot too ,this way you wouldnt have to worry if the sd was fast enough, and are we even sure that the next gen of sd card wont be fat enough yet? the generation after the current hc card gen might be fast enough, but even if it isnt they can jut have it load the rom t from the sd memory to the faster memory first, , then it would reflash it when you want to load another game

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've a feeling that 3DS won't be hacked anytime soon, may be in couple years. Hacking consoles have become more and more difficult. Especially when they can just update firmware to disable mod-chip or flashcart. I know we got DS and Wii hacked fast,

the 360 got hacked exceptionally quick as well, so now we are talking about 2/3 of the current generation. any security system is only a strong as it's weakest link. in the 360's case, that was properly checking the integrity of the dvd firmware. with the wii, it is various software based exploits leading to code execution. everyone is expecting a flashcart simply because that was how things were done in the past, and that is a bit of a naive viewpoint. maybe we will see flash carts, maybe we will see a completely different approach. regardless, i guarantee something will be released eventually.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no way cfw will suck
yes you do have a point there ,though i never used a psp, but sony did screw up really bad, they even had the root key ,or the kirk keys hidden in the ps3, grant it the psp was just about wide open at the point those were found anyways,
but still look at the ps3 ,even after the so called epic fail we still have no free method for playing newer games, i mean there have been some great breakthroughs as of late with duplex releases and the new jb2 true lue dongle, but i like the idea of a hardware hack for the 3ds, i like the ds and my flashcard just fine, i dont reallt want to have to go on and worry all the time about fw requrements and updating and such,
the psp was a good scene ,but it also did have a piece of magic hardware in the form of pandora , not quite a flashcard ,but still ,not a full software solution either ,though there were total software solutions early on and later i think after the kirk key ,but i think we are much better off with a flashcard over a cfw

its funny i dont want to have hardware solutions for home consoles, i dont really like them and would prefer a softmod , but for handheld i dont mind buying hardware, maybe its cause im just used to it being that way or maybe its cause it dont require us to open our handheld consoles , bit hardware hacks for home consoles do
not that im adverse to opening my console ,but soldering small contacts is another matter, though all but obsolete with the advent of chip clips now

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i like the idea of a hardware hack for the 3ds, i like the ds and my flashcard just fine, i dont reallt want to have to go on and worry all the time about fw requrements and updating and such,
are you joking or just misinformed? a hardware solution absolutely does not mean that you don't have to worry about fw requirements and system updates. just look at the current ds cards and the 3ds. every time nintendo releases an update (which is mandatory to connect to the estore or play the newest games), you have to update the firmware on your card or it will no longer boot up.

you are going to have to worry about mandatory updates regardless of if you have a software solution, a hardware solution, or a hybrid of the two.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but those updates come out within hours ,we have been waiting for months now for a new cfw for ps3 over 3.55 , i guess it will depend on how the flashcart will actually work, i mean if it works like the other older flascarts then i dont think there is anything major they can do to block it with a fw update, the system will still have to play retail cart games,im sure there may be minor hassles like what we have now on 3ds for ds mode cards, but if the cart is more primative it may be difficult for them to do much to block it

oh and btw there have not been any fw requirement for the 3ds eshop , and i dont think there ever will be ,nintendo dont operate like that

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
I've a feeling that 3DS won't be hacked anytime soon, may be in couple years. Hacking consoles have become more and more difficult. Especially when they can just update firmware to disable mod-chip or flashcart. I know we got DS and Wii hacked fast,

the 360 got hacked exceptionally quick as well, so now we are talking about 2/3 of the current generation. any security system is only a strong as it's weakest link. in the 360's case, that was properly checking the integrity of the dvd firmware. with the wii, it is various software based exploits leading to code execution. everyone is expecting a flashcart simply because that was how things were done in the past, and that is a bit of a naive viewpoint. maybe we will see flash carts, maybe we will see a completely different approach. regardless, i guarantee something will be released eventually.
Yeah, but it took us few years to get the first actual DS flashcart (not the slot-2 ones). So I think it's gonna take us a while to see the same thing happens here, may be in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1