Cuphead save

Bazzaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Looking for a Cuphead save that is close to 100% of the normal game. I had 100% completed Cuphead on PC but am now looking to play the DLC on my Switch. So if anyone has a near 100% save that they could share, that would be amazing!

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the meantime it's always worth a try to install the title, play a bit with the settings so it actually saves (some games require to get to first autosave point to create actual data), then backup your savegame with JKSV and compare the files with the ones from your PC savegames.

Many Switch ports can use other console's savegames since they are mostly "1:1" ports. On the other hand, games that already require something like encryption wont be able to be swapped.

Bazzaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
In the meantime it's always worth a try to install the title, play a bit with the settings so it actually saves (some games require to get to first autosave point to create actual data), then backup your savegame with JKSV and compare the files with the ones from your PC savegames.

Many Switch ports can use other console's savegames since they are mostly "1:1" ports. On the other hand, games that already require something like encryption wont be able to be swapped.
Unfortunately, I finished Cuphead on PC when it first came out and have since changed computers and unable to find my PC save.

So looking for a Switch save so I don't have to start again on the Switch. As I only really want to play the new DLC.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, I just went for it and…well, would you look at that.

image.jpg

You we’re right!

image.jpg

Here‘s what I learned…

Found a 200% save for PC. 200% eh? OK

Initially just copying the PC version into JKSV on my switch didn’t take. Hmmmm

So I checked out the files and saw the only difference between the PC 200% save that I downloaded from the Googles, and the actual Switch version from my Switch, is that the PC version is only 22k while the Switch version is 65k. Hmmmmm

1. Opened both .sav files with a HxD and saw that the rest of the 65k was just useless padding (but Switch probably looks at file size so let’s fix that).
  2. Copied everything in the PC 22k version and simply pasted it over the top of my Switch 65k version
  3. Changed the slot part of the name from slot0 to slot1 so it wouldn’t overwrite my main.
  4. Then I pushed it back to my Switch into the /JKSV/Cuphead/… save file setup.
Good stuff!
Thanks for the hints and the opportunity to learn something new.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: HalfScoper

Bazzaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, I just went for it and…well, would you look at that.

View attachment 318237

You we’re right!

View attachment 318238

Here‘s what I learned…

Found a 200% save for PC. 200% eh? OK

Initially just copying the PC version into JKSV on my switch didn’t take. Hmmmm

So I checked out the files and saw the only difference between the PC 200% save that I downloaded from the Googles, and the actual Switch version from my Switch, is that the PC version is only 22k while the Switch version is 65k. Hmmmmm

1. Opened both .sav files with a HxD and saw that the rest of the 65k was just useless padding (but Switch probably looks at file size so let’s fix that).
  2. Copied everything in the PC 22k version and simply pasted it over the top of my Switch 65k version
  3. Changed the slot part of the name from slot0 to slot1 so it wouldn’t overwrite my main.
  4. Then I pushed it back to my Switch into the /JKSV/Cuphead/… save file setup.
Good stuff!
Thanks for the hints and the opportunity to learn something new.
Would you mind sharing that save file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH