Recovering saves to new emunand error.

PusDoctor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I had an issue with my atmosphere setup where it would no longer boot into emunand, always freezing on the Nintendo Switch splash screen. Methods to fix emunand were not successful, and I ended up installing a new emunand on the microSD and losing access to all my installed games. I was hoping I could at least recover the save games and ran the tegraexplorer savegame backup script from hekate and backed up 1gb of files. However, I'm having trouble restoring them. The 1GB of files (80000x 00000x files) when I try to extract them only ends up being a few MB due to an error in the process of extracting. I tried following both this guide here on this site (where the person demoed by deleting their cuphead data) as well as the shortcut method in that thread.
I always get the error below.
Is the problem related to the prod.keys file needing to the be file prior to reinstalling emunand? Is there a way to recover the save backup from tegraexplorer otherwise? I tried creating a save folder for DBI on the root of the SD card with the backup files as one person suggested but couldn't find a way to recover the saves in DBI either.

Thank you all for your patience and help!

saves.jpg

Last edited by PusDoctor,

PusDoctor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone point me to how to fix the error in restoring my tegraexplorer saves backup given the error above?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I am not sure what you have backed up with tegraexplorer. The saves are in emummc so if you deleted that and replaced it with the new one your saves are lost. Unless the backup contains the old emummc.
What does the backup look like?

PusDoctor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backed it up prior to making the new emummc, so it should contain my previous saves. There is over 1gb of 80000x and 00000x files in the tegraexplorer save directory. I just need to know how to convert them into the save files I can then restore with JKSV

I am not sure what you have backed up with tegraexplorer. The saves are in emummc so if you deleted that and replaced it with the new one your saves are lost. Unless the backup contains the old emummc.
What does the backup look like?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
That can't be just saves taking up over 1gb of data. So show what files and folders are in the backup (simple screenshot)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf