PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So after all the controversy the other 3ds custom homebrew logo generated I decided to make the same custom logo again but this time with a different approach.

Last logo used private tools to help me make it, this bothered some people as they said it was illegal because it was made with the SDK, so... sigh... I decided to make it again only using a hex editor and public tools found here (as well as EFE for ETC4 textures). Most of the info about layout files can be found here (except some research I made myself). The "new" custom 3ds logo can be found attached in this post.

NOTE: Since I had to make the logo identical to the previus one and make the 3DS still load it, every single byte of the file ended up being identical to the old logo. This is because all the data in the file is needed by the 3DS to produce an identical result, impliying that the file has to be the same no matter the way it is created. But be careful, if you still think the old file was created by the SDK, please update it to the new one as the old file may have some QuBit flipped in the chip located in the fourth dimension of the SD card which may be detected by Nintendo and consider your homebrew app illegal.

Anyway... I'll post the file here, happy hacking ;)

Attachments

• homebrewlogo.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by PabloMK7,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after all the controversy the other 3ds custom homebrew logo generated I decided to make the same custom logo again but this time with a different approach.

Last logo used private tools to help me make it, this bothered some people as they said it was illegal because it was made with the SDK, so... sigh... I decided to make it again only using a hex editor and public tools found here (as well as EFE for ETC4 textures). Most of the info about layout files can be found here (except some research I made myself). The "new" custom 3ds logo can be found attached in this post.

NOTE: Since I had to make the logo identical to the previus one and make the 3DS still load it, every single byte of the file ended up being identical to the old logo. This is because all the data in the file is needed by the 3DS to produce an identical result, impliying that the file has to be the same no matter the way it is created. But be careful, if you still think the old file was created by the SDK, please update it to the new one as the old file may have some QuBit flipped in the chip located in the fourth dimension of the SD card which may be detected by Nintendo and consider your homebrew app illegal.

Anyway... I'll post the file here, happy hacking ;)
why in the eof?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat