Hacking Discussion Custom Home Menu themes and edits

D

Deleted User

Scrolling all the way to the "more software" thingo has always been a pain in the arse, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Boomerams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap this is awesomeness to the max. Do we think cover flow options could be available like in the old Xbox 360 days? Not sure how it would look on the switch, but I am a huge fan of customization options. Great work you guys and keep up the good work.

Edit: Just read some of the posts and think that was a no on my question. Any clarification?

Last edited by Boomerams,

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Will you write a tutorial on how to make themes?
Eventually, yes.
Holy crap this is awesomeness to the max. Do we think cover flow options could be available like in the old Xbox 360 days? Not sure how it would look on the switch, but I am a huge fan of customization options. Great work you guys and keep up the good work.

Edit: Just read some of the posts and think that was a no on my question. Any clarification?
Well that one is tough. Due to the fact that most modded home menus for the switch end up being color changes / moving things around or making them bigger, I don't know if that would be possible.
HOWEVER. If you wanted, you could layer over a homebrew application that had that same style and directly launched games from it. That would take a lot of effort and no homebrew so far actually has loaded a game from it.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a group of people (myself included) have been working on modifying qlaunch (the home menu) for custom themes and layouts. A few days ago we figured out how to do custom home menu colors and gradients, as previewed in the images attached (keep in mind these are proof of concepts so they do not look the best, but they are real and are running on real switches, these are not mockups) so I'm making this thread to see discussion about what we're doing, to provide updates as to what we have completed, and to dump our progress.

Currently we have :

- Custom background colors (with gradients and the ability to change corner colors)
- Layout editing (meaning you can move things around)
- Text editing
- Cursor editing
- Icon editing
- Lockscreen color changing
- Settings color changing
Limitations :

- SX OS does not have updated layeredfs and therefore does not support qlaunch mods
- There are no custom background images
- A lot of things are buggy
- The dark theme is just the light theme darkened, meaning you'll have to pick one theme for each mod
- Distributing the mods will be illegal unless a custom file format is introduced to patch your legally dumped qlaunch. We are currently working on this.
- The two icon rows have broken scrolling, this is an issue we are focusing a lot of time on
- Some things do not change color because they are their own application

Soon the first custom qlaunch themes / mods will be released, opening up a new thing for the community to make.
I hope this thread sparks some discussion and ideas.

Credit: The blue theme and screenshots are made by @xXDungeon_CrawlerXx and the first two mods and screenshots are made by einso, the third screenshot is made by Traiver while that mod was a collaboration between him and I.
I really really like the blue-to-black gradient. Looks awesome!

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Why? ReiNX is completely free.
Exactly what I was saying!
I usually use SX but at this point I've made the switch over to ReiNX due to tinfoil and the xci installer, along with really nice themes

Last edited by Creatable,

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
I have some XCI games i'm playing right now plus i paid for the SX OS when it was the first and only option some ago :/
1. you can install them on reinx
2. i paid for SX OS when it was the only option too but i've still moved over

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
XCI games I can understand but I see no reason to keep using an inferior product just because you paid for it.

Ok guys, i will give a try on it so!

Hey just as sugestion, please do a theme featuring Yellow and black (like yellow background and some black details around the icons circles or anything like this) for people like me who have the Yellow Joycons, it will look superb :D

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
wow great job guys! But yeah no im not joining that discord Group. Asking a normal question and you get ignored. the admins there are so full of themselves.
It's a bit poorly managed as of now because nobody gave me admin so I can't fix it.
Also, this is it's own group so I'm not sure if you've been to it before?
This isn't WarezNX.

Last edited by Creatable,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.tmz.com/2024/06/08/george-lopez-accuse-walk-out-leave-show-early-heckler-shade-eagle-...