Hacking Discussion Custom Home Menu themes and edits

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see why Nintendo didn't include the options that allow us to customize our home menu as we see fit. Mymenuify was a great app for the original Wii. Theme manager (whatever it's called) for 3ds was good program for home menu themes.
Again, this should have been a Day one feature, even if it had come with the launch update.

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Just made another theme a few minutes ago! (I quite like this one)
It was made in about a minute and required no effort at all to make.
upload_2018-9-20_1-30-38.png

I made this theme to test how easy making themes is, and to test how fast I could make one.

Last edited by Creatable,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Is this going to be released in the near future?

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
Yes, currently we're working mostly on bugfixes for the layout + getting actual images working.
Once the layout fixes are done we'll most likely release.
There is no real release date, however.

Dfroberts86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, currently we're working mostly on bugfixes for the layout + getting actual images working.
Once the layout fixes are done we'll most likely release.
There is no real release date, however.
Sounds awesome [emoji16].

I wasn't wanting a release date, just wondering if it would be relatively soon. My son accidentally updated my switch to 6.0, so I'll have to wait even longer for this to work with that.

If you happen to need someone to test anything with 6.0 I'd be more then happy to help.

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds awesome [emoji16].

I wasn't wanting a release date, just wondering if it would be relatively soon. My son accidentally updated my switch to 6.0, so I'll have to wait even longer for this to work with that.

If you happen to need someone to test anything with 6.0 I'd be more then happy to help.

No worries, actually! 6.0.0 has some minor file changes that our group has been able to work past. 6.0.0 support is on the way! :)

Reactions: r6tro and lordelan

Creatable

OP
Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
I like this the most. Great arrangement. The "more games" icon in the middle bottom is sweet as well. I'd just stick to the dark background (or a dark green thing) but apart from that I love this one.
Yep! That's the layout we decided on a while ago, I think it's perfect. Especially with that theme!

Reactions: lordelan

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep! That's the layout we decided on a while ago, I think it's perfect. Especially with that theme!
And as soon as I was able to add a new Image to an existing bflyt (or recreate a bflyt with the SDK from scratch, which is exactly like the current one but with a additional texture), we should be able to add Background Images as well.

Time to tinker with this after work...

Well, if this does work, we've the most awesome qlaunch mod ever :D

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
OK but please make sure it's going to be an anime waifu as that seems to be the general practice here when it comes to homebrew projects.
Ofc :^)

If this works, I'll make this to my Lock Screen:

upload_2018-9-20_10-33-14.png

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted...