Homebrew [Custom Launcher] Spider3DSTools released

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a rom edit, but yeah you need 9.2 or under and a Gateway to run roms. It's sad, but it's the only public way.

Ha, I didn't really find much. I did a bit of editing to the personal stats file before SciresM released his tool, but it definitely does make things a lot easier. You can thank him for that.

Ok. How would I do the ram edit then? Does that require 9.2(don't need it, but it's more convenient).

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, VERY dumb question here. If I wanted to dump the memory of the running Application(not the web browser, the app in the background), how would I do that with MemoryDump.dat/ how should I modify it?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Ok, VERY dumb question here. If I wanted to dump the memory of the running Application(not the web browser, the app in the background), how would I do that with MemoryDump.dat/ how should I modify it?

Modify it with the proper memory offsets, then run it. General application memory starts at 0x14000000.

MrCheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there more to it than just modifying DUMPSTART in MemoryDump.S? Because doing that just causes the console to hang.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Is there more to it than just modifying DUMPSTART in MemoryDump.S? Because doing that just causes the console to hang.

Same here. Doesn't seem to work.

I haven't tested it because I have no use for it, but that looks right. Not sure why it would cause a hang.

Just FYI, this all only works in Sysnand.

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to create something with this that continues to run in the background while a game is running? If so, would it be possible to create a network scan server for Cheat Engine? (listens for incoming network connections, and reads/writes RAM given in network commands.) If anyone here has used Cheat Engine I'm sure you could see how useful this would be.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Would it be possible to create something with this that continues to run in the background while a game is running? If so, would it be possible to create a network scan server for Cheat Engine? (listens for incoming network connections, and reads/writes RAM given in network commands.) If anyone here has used Cheat Engine I'm sure you could see how useful this would be.

Another thread inside the running program seems more probable. To have something in the background you need to create a new process, which is possible only with arm11 kernel access (or maybe pm service).

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Let's say I have a bunch of bytes(like, 0x400F worth of bytes) that I need to write to memory in sequence. For loop is probably the best option, but how would I store the original sequence into a variable(array, or whatever).

^ C n00b.

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thread inside the running program seems more probable. To have something in the background you need to create a new process, which is possible only with arm11 kernel access (or maybe pm service).
Damn. I was interested in the possibility of a TSR, too. I thought it'd be neat to have a Gamecube controller connected to microcontroller with an IR transceiver while a program on the 3DS listens to the IR sensor and simulates button presses. You would be able to use wired controllers on a 3DS without any modification to the 3DS motherboard. Oh well.

On a different note, just to confirm, this exploit does have access to application RAM, right?

Alright. Let's say I have a bunch of bytes(like, 0x400F worth of bytes) that I need to write to memory in sequence. For loop is probably the best option, but how would I store the original sequence into a variable(array, or whatever).

^ C n00b.
I'm a noob to the 3DS, not so much to C. Typically, the answer would be to dynamically allocate a buffer. Do you have access to malloc or anything similar?

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

^ C n00b.
memcpy?

edit: you do have access to stdlib functions right? considering the barebones nature of this... (but then I guess just statically compile it in, alternatively for loop)

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Helper
If he doesn't have any malloc and it's small enough allocating a buffer on the stack should be sufficient...
If you use C99 I believe you can just declare stack arrays with dynamic sizes these days.
Then again that might be difficult to do during ROP... although probably no problem when you get to the code execution stage of things.
But I'm also kinda n00bish at hacks, yet I have quite a bit of experience with C and programming in general.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yep, something like that.