Gaming Custom Mario Kart Wii characters (on foot) not working in local multiplayer?

Deleted member 409424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Recently, I downloaded four on foot character mods into CTGP-R. But whenever you try to use them in split screen multiplayer, say you were playing as Sonic, it would show you as Sonic on your screen but the other person on their half of the screen would see a match bike with nobody in it... apparently the game uses different files in multiplayer as not to cause lag? Does anyone know the names of these files and how I could change them with CTGP-R? Please help quickly, I am hosting a Mario Kart Party on the 18th of February. Thank you!

William2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have made a huge discovery when it comes to this topic!! Sonic (on foot) and every other on foot character works if P2, not P1. I don't know why, but Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, and Captain Falcon (all on foot) works when Player 2 is the on foot character. Weird, huh?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If P1 think it is unfair to be unable to use most on foot character, P1 can use jolteon (on foot).

I have no idea why the game crashes when P1 use a on foot character (except for jolteon)... Let me know when you find out. ;-)

Apparently the "on foot" characters I have mentioned as not playable for P1, turns out to only be playable by the last player. So when you play 2-player, P2 can be the "on foot" character, and only the P3 can be one when playing 3-players. Get it? Can someone explain why this is the way it is, and hopefully a solution? :/

Deleted member 409424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Apparently they don't work due to their having to be multiple versions of the file. One for singleplayer, one for two player and one for four player (Three player uses the 4 player file). The two player and four player files are lower poly versions as to not stress the Wii as much. Thats why it crashes when you attempt to load load it. Ask the developers of the mod to create different versions for multiplayer mode if you want to use it in them.

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are one of you two still active?

I need help getting character mods into CTGP.

I have all these custom character .szs files for CTGP and I do have the "My Stuff" option enabled and I only put about 6 .szs files in the My Stuff folder, but they dont show in the character menu.

Richmountain112

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all these custom character .szs files for CTGP and I do have the "My Stuff" option enabled and I only put about 6 .szs files in the My Stuff folder, but they dont show in the character menu.
They won't show until you actually start a race (or modify the Drivers.szs in some cases)
Post automatically merged:

They won't show until you actually start a race (or modify the Drivers.szs in some cases)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill