Hacking "Custom NAND Loader v1.0" & "NAND Loader Injector v

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
stev418 said:
The trick is to use an NTSC wad (you still want a VC that uses a 60hz rom file)

So for example, get Ocarina of Time NTSC wad, change the 6.app for wanins loader, then hold reset when booting game, set YES for FORCE NTSC and press A, youl now be playing ocarina in 480p on your PAL wii

Works for Genesis and NES games also, just remember to use an NTSC wad

Ah, everything is clear to me now
smile.gif
thanks.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I try to force gecko to play some NTSC games on PAL 50 (because my old tv is crappy) it stucks in many games... Can I do something with this app to play all my NTSC games on PAL 50 mode???

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
As i thought it did NOT work with the NTSC SMB.WAD.

I injected the nand loader but all i get is a black screen with "you Can't use this Channel".

Even if I press Reset during boot...

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M tha MaN said:
As i thought it did NOT work with the NTSC SMB.WAD.

I injected the nand loader but all i get is a black screen with "you Can't use this Channel".

Even if I press Reset during boot...

Sounds your playing a Game thats not from your region, Either region patch it, or setup Region Free VC Games with preloader or something

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anybody know where i can get the source of a nand loader? Waninkoko didn't upload the source yet and i think i heard that the other one is closed source. Thanks.

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Like stev 418 said:

stev418 said:
The trick is to use an NTSC wad (you still want a VC that uses a 60hz rom file)

So for example, get Ocarina of Time NTSC wad, change the 6.app for wanins loader, then hold reset when booting game, set YES for FORCE NTSC and press A, youl now be playing ocarina in 480p on your PAL wii

Works for Genesis and NES games also, just remember to use an NTSC wad

I grabbed a NTSC SMB WAD.

My Wii Console is a PAL one (I'm from Germany).

With my SMB and SMB 3 i bought from the Wii Shop Channel i always get a black screen when injecting the NANDLoader.

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
WiiPower said:
Does anybody know where i can get the source of a nand loader? Waninkoko didn't upload the source yet and i think i heard that the other one is closed source. Thanks.
You can find Waninkoko's source Here.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kyogc said:
WiiPower said:
You can find Waninkoko's source Here.

I swear, directly before posting the question i looked there. Thank you.

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys.This is a great release but i really need some help here.I wish you could help me as i tried almost everything.
Here is the deal:
I use a vga box in order to connect my wii on my pc monitor because i dont have a tv in my bedroom.This vga box has the ability to show image only on 480p.In other words any game that works only on 50hz or only on 60hz doesnt work with my vga box and i just get a black screen(i can only hear the sound at the background).So i can play only games that support 480p resolution and nothing else.
As a result i cant play any VC games as all of the games i have tested until now give me a black screen.And this is obvious as these games are really old to support 480p.So with this great release i thought that there would be a possibility that i can use the force hdtv option in order to make the VC games appear on screen,but sadly i had no luck.
So do you know any way that i can make the vc games run at 480p mode?

And the most socking thing is that:

How the hell is possible that snesGX emulator and sega genesis emulator,both of them,work flawlesly on my 480p vga box and i can see the image just fine!!!!
I mean i can play all the snes games and sega genesis games at my 480p just fine BUT the same games on vc channels give me no image.
Why is this happening?

Emu9x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any one got the ntsc version of majora's mask running in 480p on a pal wii? I got the nand patch working but get 002 error! the game runs fine if i dont force video mode but sound is messed up as it's running in 50hz when not using the patch

NVM Sorted it now!

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Well i put it with it's folder in the apps folder but also copied the BIN file in the NAND Loader Injector folder.

4 all u guys who have a PAL Wii and want to play the NES VC games with Component cable:

-Start the VC Game
- Press the Home button
- Plugin the Nunchuk into your wii mote
- go to electronic manual Uor how it's called in english)
- Press A + Z + 2 at the same time until u hear an (acustik) Signal (that means it worked).

---> Have Fun

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT SUX:

ATM you cannot edit the VC games and use them from SD card on 4.0 says FAILED TO LOAD...... it loaded before i patched it and moved it back on the SD.

So for now it can't work from SD CARD..................yes before you ask i have a IOS60 patched to trucha as all the wads work without the wanin patch.

EDIT:

DO NOT PATCH A VC/WIIWARE GAME AND MOVE TO SD, it won't work and actually brakes the file and cannot be moved back.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive never used the nand 'injector' but can say if you manually replace nand loader there are no problems using the games from wii or sd card. For my stuff i edited source to make a stripped down version with no GUI/menu or loading png, works great
smile.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sorry for bumpin an old thread, just wanted to thank stev, this works great
smile.gif

For anyone tryin to do majora ntsc -> pal properly like this, you will have to:

1. use e.g. wadder (wadunpacker.exe or whatever it's called in a dosbox) to unpack the wad
2. then use this tool http://www.gbadev.org/tools.php?showinfo=56 (thanks fast6191) to unpack 000001.app
3. repack the wad (just use wadpacker.exe, no need for any of its signing options)
4. Then i patched the wad to pal with Wiizle Diizle Shiizle
5. Installed it with wadmanager 1.4
6. Use the injector (frontpage) app thru hbc to inject the videomodes, force ntsc and voila! 480p
smile.gif

Much smoother gameplay btw than the pal rom! Frame rate is really really noticably higher!

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I got this to work on my brothers PAL Wii but onn my US and JP Wii (both 4.1), it just loads a bunch of error dump code when I play the VC WAD.

WHY? Can some when explain what files are needed for this to work. Unless it doesn't work on 4.1X.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2