Hacking "Custom NAND Loader v1.0" & "NAND Loader Injector v

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice, very nice. Just did my first test with this nand loader. Packed into Tiki Towers NTSC-U

Previously would ONLY work on PAL wii if 1.app was video patched AND wii system was set to 576i, but now with waninkokos loader and 'force NTSC' option it plays at full 480p on PAL wii.

Only thing to take into account is that if your game has a LZ77 compressed 1.app, you will need to uncompress before packing wad as the loader doesnt support LZ77 decompress.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
The NAND Loader is just a little piece of software that manages the channel loading == NAND Loader is a channel preloader (i'm not talking about crediar's preloader lol).

Almost all channels include a NAND Loader. This NAND Loader allows to do more things (and can be used for homebrew to create legal channels).

The injector just injects this NAND Loader in already installed channels.

great work. I assume this can be used to use cheats on wiiware/vc games at some point down the line, right? Also, quick question for you about wbfs, i havent installed a lot of games because i assume you are going to update to wbfs+ file system at some point and we'll need to format the hard drives for that one day, is that going to happen or should i just install the rest of the titles i have. Thanks and again, excellent work.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
So, what is better for homebrew? comex nandloader or wanins nandloader?

Seems like for WW/VC, wanins has the advantage of his booting menu.

stev418 said:
Only thing to take into account is that if your game has a LZ77 compressed 1.app, you will need to uncompress before packing wad as the loader doesnt support LZ77 decompress.

Does comex's loader support LZ77 decompression?

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OSW said:
So, what is better for homebrew? comex nandloader or wanins nandloader?

Seems like for WW/VC, wanins has the advantage of his booting menu.

stev418 said:

Does comex's loader support LZ77 decompression?

No, only newer versions of ninty nand loader does from what i can see, I use comex loader still, but waninkokos loader is nice to use in VC/WW to force video modes.

Just a question for those who may know, can the options be set in the .dol file before packing ? or do you always need to set after installing wad? Where do the settings get saved to? :\

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loopguy said:
i get codedump when starting a patched channel after the config screen (using 4.0E).

If you got a code dump it is most likely due to the game having a LZ77 compressed 1.app, unpack wad, decompress 1.app and repack wad

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stev418 said:
loopguy said:
i get codedump when starting a patched channel after the config screen (using 4.0E).

If you got a code dump it is most likely due to the game having a LZ77 compressed 1.app, unpack wad, decompress 1.app and repack wad
thanks for the info, but this seems too awkward. i'll use gecko instead..

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
loopguy said:

Thanks for the advice man, i was getting a code dump on some newer titles maybe that will solve the problem

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you replace the VC nand with this one you can play ALL vc in 480p on a PAL wii, ive already done all my N64 stuff, now playing in 480p
smile.gif

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So:
We can now play N64 Games in 480p and 60hz with that?
This would be awesome!

Does this work with OoT?
Will try.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
stev418 said:
if you replace the VC nand with this one you can play ALL vc in 480p on a PAL wii, ive already done all my N64 stuff, now playing in 480p
smile.gif

PAL VC? I thought that the rom is hardcoded...???

Damn I wanna try this now
smile.gif
- Go Majoras Mask!

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The trick is to use an NTSC wad (you still want a VC that uses a 60hz rom file)

So for example, get Ocarina of Time NTSC wad, change the 6.app for wanins loader, then hold reset when booting game, set YES for FORCE NTSC and press A, youl now be playing ocarina in 480p on your PAL wii

Works for Genesis and NES games also, just remember to use an NTSC wad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.