Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes and No, most of the info there is outdated.
To edit/make new theme I recommend YATA.
For changing themes, CHMM
And for music... well that's a bit of a longer story but you should be fine for now with that guide.
Ninja'd:Use BRSTM Converter to convert wav/mp3 to brstm and then use BRSTM2BCSTM to make it work for the 3DS. See here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-bgm-bcstm-files-for-3ds-themes.377927/

Not sure about custom sounds, I think there is a CWAV tool around here somewhere. You can ask RetroKenesis, he should be able to tell you.
Ninja'd: The tool is called Custom Theme CWAVs. I've never used it, so I can't tell you how to use it.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes and No, most of the info there is outdated.
To edit/make new theme I recommend YATA.
For changing themes, CHMM
And for music... well that's a bit of a longer story but you should be fine for now with that guide.
Ninja'd:Use BRSTM Converter to convert wav/mp3 to brstm and then use BRSTM2BCSTM to make it work for the 3DS. See here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-bgm-bcstm-files-for-3ds-themes.377927/

Not sure about custom sounds, I think there is a CWAV tool around here somewhere. You can ask RetroKenesis, he should be able to tell you.
Ninja'd: The tool is called Custom Theme CWAVs. I've never used it, so I can't tell you how to use it.
Injecting cwavs that are oversized or wrong format can cause a nand brick. Ok if your emunand, but it's the main reason I haven't fucked with em.

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Injecting cwavs that are oversized or wrong format can cause a nand brick. Ok if your emunand, but it's the main reason I haven't fucked with em.

it's a temp brick, all you have to do is replace your 00002cx(x=region dependent) folder with a backup and it should work again.
I have not tried this on sysNAND, but it works on emunand.

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is my very "distinct" sysNAND theme:
iysDDMZ.png

DOWNLOAD

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Japan's getting a Dreamcast theme for 3DS... Any chance someone could make a similar one? I won't ask for an exact copy since that's piracy (although I guess it's not out yet anyway), but I am suffering from a severe case of nostalgia after seeing the youtube video.

saunderez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Japan's getting a Dreamcast theme for 3DS... Any chance someone could make a similar one? I won't ask for an exact copy since that's piracy (although I guess it's not out yet anyway), but I am suffering from a severe case of nostalgia after seeing the youtube video.

If you collect the images you want for it and put them online somewhere I'll knock something together for you. Just make sure they're all relatively high resolution images, I'd rather they be well above the resolution of the 3DS so they are easier to work with. Obviously I'll need something for the top and the bottom screens as well as a logo for the folders.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you collect the images you want for it and put them online somewhere I'll knock something together for you. Just make sure they're all relatively high resolution images, I'd rather they be well above the resolution of the 3DS so they are easier to work with. Obviously I'll need something for the top and the bottom screens as well as a logo for the folders.

pics aren't very high res, but that's a limitation of the emulator, I'm afraid. Gradient and corner were pulled off google images. I'm interested in the same disk-grinding sound as the official theme, but not sure what should follow it so that it's not just a horrible loop of grinding noise. To help differentiate between this and the official, I thought maybe an orange swirl on white back would be better for folders. I decided that since I don't know the dimensions for the top screen, I'd leave the corner and the gradient separated and just let you put it in where it would fit nicely. I left out the left side on purpose because, same reason, I don't want people to confuse it with the official theme.

Attachments

• corner.png
    corner.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 349
  • dreamcast-logo.jpg
    dreamcast-logo.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 963
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 217
  • middle.jpg
    middle.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 264
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 206
  • top.png
    top.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 827
Reactions: chrisluna413

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in the same disk-grinding sound as the official theme, but not sure what should follow it so that it's not just a horrible loop of grinding noise.
It doesn't have to loop, does it? Silence wouldn't be so bad.

Attachments

• Dreamcast BeepGrind.zip
    274.6 KB · Views: 167

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, here's my first theme. Decided to give it a shot. It is a Akame Ga Kill theme. Hope there are some Akame Ga Kill fans here! If you have any suggestions/tips please shoot em :) The background music I chose the theme song used for the second half of the show.

AKAME GA KILL!
vx60XWb.jpg
qwUoFnz.jpg

bDpKyyh.jpg

Download link:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/br0ipu

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still hoping someone will make the Dreamcast theme or that a .cia of it will come out since its already in Japan. But it inspired me to make a Gamecube version so I'm in progress of making it. Still needs some tweaks for the folder colors and etc. but if someone wants to make the folder icons that'd be great :P

Here's what I got so far; The background music starts with the traditional Gamecube boot up sound and then it plays the menu music from the Gamecube.
64zAaXH.jpg

SamHack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can anyone please make the last three pokemon themes usable on CHHM now that their USA versions have been dumped ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://movieweb.com/metal-gear-solid-furiosa-tom-burke-solid-snake/