Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That gamecube theme looks awesome !

Thank you!! Only my second theme but I think I'm getting a grip of making themes now :)
Found out how to incorporate custom sounds and now its awesomer. Here is a video if any of you are interested! Any tips/suggestions welcomed as always. I will be uploading it very shortly.

zuxicovp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still hoping someone will make the Dreamcast theme or that a .cia of it will come out since its already in Japan. But it inspired me to make a Gamecube version so I'm in progress of making it. Still needs some tweaks for the folder colors and etc. but if someone wants to make the folder icons that'd be great :P

Here's what I got so far; The background music starts with the traditional Gamecube boot up sound and then it plays the menu music from the Gamecube.

Not related to the theme, but how did you get the wifi transfer icon on your home screen?

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got impatient, so I made my own. Still WIP. Saunderez said he'd make what Tiduswulf wanted, so this is not that.

It's based on the PS3 theme. I'm having a bit of trouble getting CWAVs to work without it crashing. This is the most recent working version with no custom sounds or custom colors.
I've sounds from the Dreamcast menu for the cursor, launching software, closing software, and the sound of the system starting up from earlier for the lid opening. The background music is from Phantasy Star Online. I converted and set the loop for this one myself, and the sample rate is probably much higher than it needs to be. It sounds quite nice. I'll be making more for it later, once I get the newer version working without a brick.

https://www.mediafire.com/?smhsiryh93rafso

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Still hoping someone will make the Dreamcast theme or that a .cia of it will come out since its already in Japan. But it inspired me to make a Gamecube version so I'm in progress of making it. Still needs some tweaks for the folder colors and etc. but if someone wants to make the folder icons that'd be great :P

Here's what I got so far; The background music starts with the traditional Gamecube boot up sound and then it plays the menu music from the Gamecube.
64zAaXH.jpg
Wow great job, would love to see this on the 3ds theme site!

Reactions: Fulcaire

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you!! Only my second theme but I think I'm getting a grip of making themes now :)
Found out how to incorporate custom sounds and now its awesomer. Here is a video if any of you are interested! Any tips/suggestions welcomed as always. I will be uploading it very shortly.

Say, could you change the sound that plays when you press the D-pad ? It sounds very obnoxious :/
Or maybe lower its volume ?

Reactions: Fulcaire

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got impatient, so I made my own. Still WIP. Saunderez said he'd make what Tiduswulf wanted, so this is not that.
It's based on the PS3 theme. I'm having a bit of trouble getting CWAVs to work without it crashing. This is the most recent working version with no custom sounds or custom colors.
I've sounds from the Dreamcast menu for the cursor, launching software, closing software, and the sound of the system starting up from earlier for the lid opening. The background music is from Phantasy Star Online. I converted and set the loop for this one myself, and the sample rate is probably much higher than it needs to be. It sounds quite nice. I'll be making more for it later, once I get the newer version working without a brick.

Looks awesome!! Good work! Been waiting for someone to make a dreamcast theme.

Wow great job, would love to see this on the 3ds theme site!
Thanks! I'll be uploading it to here probably tomorrow and I'll also submit it to 3dstheme as well

Say, could you change the sound that plays when you press the D-pad ? It sounds very obnoxious :/
Or maybe lower its volume ?

I agree, kind of got annoyed with it after a while and I'll temper with it to see if lowering the volume is better or just getting rid of it is. but I'll upload it tomorrow on my day off after getting rid of it to let you guys try it.

Reactions: DoJo_Master

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've about had it with this one. Custom colors are (mostly) working, sounds still are not. When I save a theme with custom colors, the new bin works fine on the 3DS, but I can't open it again to further edit it. For every color I've tweaked I've needed to compile a new theme altogether, putting the color values in manually each time. This has taken forever.
The results are... adequate.

vErhXMs.png

dihJWdS.png

And I say custom colors "mostly work" because it seems that no matter what I do, save using default colors, the bottom screen buttons pull this hot nonsense:
iCbQ22G.jpg

I've seen a few other people here with similar problems, but couldn't find a solution. Same with custom sounds. I'll post the WAVs I intended to use and their BCWAVs, for someone more competent to puzzle out.

Theme: https://www.mediafire.com/?a9a2z2njn2nxh2u
Sounds: https://www.mediafire.com/?4e4of8iredsq5s8

Looks awesome!! Good work! Been waiting for someone to make a dreamcast theme.

Thank you! Your Gamecube theme is fantastic.

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Your Gamecube theme is fantastic.

Thanks :) I wanted to try messing with your theme and see if I could try getting the sounds to work but for some reason I get an error trying to open the theme in YATA... maybe this could be why you can't get it to work properly? Weird issue.. idunno...

Also sorry for lagging peeps, haven't been around the computer the past couple days to upload the Gamecube theme. Finally got around to it, this time; no cursor sound which is a lot better than the obnoxious one I had going from before. I may update it with custom folders but for now it will stick with the black folders unless someone wants to do it and add it themselves to the file then reupload. Feel free to. Only issue that I have with it myself is that I can't get the background music to NOT loop... even if I uncheck the Loop button when converting the bgm it still loops on the 3DS... but its not that big of an issue to keep holding onto it. If I find a cure I'll reupload. Enjoy!

Link to the Gamecube Theme (updated 3/29);
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ud9k3r

Preview; http://i.imgur.com/64zAaXH.jpg

Reactions: Sirius64

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I whipped up another one. No custom colors or folders, but I made a music loop.
I mean, you know, if this thread weren't already weeby enough for you.

https://www.mediafire.com/?0ky82gcb1aol5f5

Music:

Thanks :) I wanted to try messing with your theme and see if I could try getting the sounds to work but for some reason I get an error trying to open the theme in YATA... maybe this could be why you can't get it to work properly? Weird issue.. idunno...
Blast it, I was hoping that was only on my end... It still works fine on the 3DS, and usually opens in the other theme editor (though that one can't edit colors, to my knowledge).
Thanks for having a look, though!

Only issue that I have with it myself is that I can't get the background music to NOT loop... even if I uncheck the Loop button when converting the bgm it still loops on the 3DS... but its not that big of an issue to keep holding onto it. If I find a cure I'll reupload. Enjoy!

I couldn't find a solution for this. I initially wanted my Dreamcast theme to make the startup noise once, then remain silent. Yours has a ready solution, though: the GameCube has menu music. :P
Edit: Guess who's an idiot? It's me. Just set your loop points during a bit of silence after the boot noise.
I set up a quick, dirty loop with the file you uploaded. The music has its usual fade-out, then pops back to its beginning. The startup noise only plays once, and the music keeps right on going.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7me39aanfzbjevk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow