Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set your theme to one of the basic color themes or default/none, then try and load it up again.
Thing is I've done all of that. It's a rather long process.

First, I got an mp3 and ran it through Audacity to make it a wav file then when I imported it the counter on the import window showed 00:00:00 for start and 00:00:00 for the end so I went back and took the mp3 and ran it through formatfactory to make it a wav file then at the import window the song is ether shortened from it's original length like 2 minutes to 32 seconds or longer than the actual song causing the import window to crash.

Second, I thought that was okay if not what I preferred but it would at least play so I added it to my CN City theme and did default theme then went and loaded it up but it starts playing the bgm form a theme I didn't select from the Dragonball Super theme that's also on my SD card!

Lital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone can tell me what is the best way to create a bgm with loop?
Open your MP3 with Audacity, export it as a 22050 Hz wav (this can be done by clicking the menu in the bottom left in Audacity), File>Export Audio and choose 16-bit wav. Run it through BRSTM Convertor 3 after enabling "Loop start to end", run it through BRSTM2BCSTM, rename the file to bgm.bcstm

This should apply to you too, LordStarkiller

Last edited by Lital,

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I forgot who, but someone requested blank folders.
N5sRD4v.png

XjZhEVy.png
Thanks a lot.
Still hoping for an explanation on cwav chunks but you can't have it all.

SackThing101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still hoping for an explanation on cwav chunks but you can't have it all.

CWAV chunks are from this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-custom-theme-cwavs.381132/ mainly. I'm sure you know what CWAVs are, but if you don't, they're basically SFXs for the main menu (such as scrolling, opening a game, etc.). What I use to make CWAVs is with YATA and another program (can't link sorry) which I have to put in the directory where YATA is.

I have no idea what happened with that block of text, but in short, a whole chunck of SFX with different assigned functions.

D

Deleted User

Just incase someone here hasn't read the 3DSThemes.com thread, we have solved the 0 bytes issue, the themes had used all of our space, so we moved to a better server. Thanks for using our site, guys and happy uploading!

On another note, I would also enjoy being able to create themes on Mac, so if anyone knows how to, please do post! :P

D

Deleted User

can someone finish my custom theme for me unfortunately im on a mac and cant do it thanks
If its not too much of a pain, you could try bootcamping windows and do it from there. Thats what I've been doing. Its not as fast, but it should work.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
CWAV chunks are from this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-custom-theme-cwavs.381132/ mainly. I'm sure you know what CWAVs are, but if you don't, they're basically SFXs for the main menu (such as scrolling, opening a game, etc.). What I use to make CWAVs is with YATA and another program (can't link sorry) which I have to put in the directory where YATA is.

I have no idea what happened with that block of text, but in short, a whole chunck of SFX with different assigned functions.
Alright, I'll investigate this later, thanks.

Mayhem1124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've made a couple awesome themes, but I'd really like to know how everyone makes those fancy viewers. I know YATA has a simulator, but I would like to create one with folders and such. Can someone point me to where I can make a nice one? =3

Lital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've made a couple awesome themes, but I'd really like to know how everyone makes those fancy viewers. I know YATA has a simulator, but I would like to create one with folders and such. Can someone point me to where I can make a nice one? =3
It blew my mind but... When you have your theme open on your 3DS, press Y+Right on the Dpad. Then OMG, you can open the DCIM folder on your SD card and it's right there.

Lital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi people, I'm new here :v
I've made this theme and I want to share it. :3

ROuvBGR.jpg

Download
It's pretty common to forget to factor in that the gap between the top screen and bottom screen is physically present, it would make your image look like she's got really high up knees and huge fists. I made a reference image for people to use that might come in handy when taking the screen gap into account.

Otherwise, I like the image you used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j