Custom themes arrive on Switch via homebrew

theme2.png

The first custom theme has been released by the Qcean Switch team. It is called "Winter Odyssey" and can be seen above.

• All elements on the home screen can be recoloured.
  • Themes are stable (they won't cause the Switch to crash).
  • Image themes are possible (as can be seen with Winter Odyssey).
  • Themes don't work on SX OS just yet.

Can we make our own?

A home menu editor is on its way, so you'll be able to create your own very shortly.

Where can we get them?

Themes aren't yet legal to distribute on GBAtemp but this is being worked on. For the moment, you can get Winter Odyssey from Qcean's discord server (which we can't link here), as well as others when they are released.

Official discussion thread is here.

Team Qcean

The members of Team Qcean are as follows:

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 3,594
  • logo.png
    logo.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,302
Last edited by Quantumcat,

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
just curious why themes are not allowed? does it contain copyrighted content?

Because they're currently made using the switch SDK, which is very much illegal to use for this sort of thing, let alone have access to without being an official developer.

This is pretty cool looking. It says you can edit anything, does that mean the title text? In the image provided I'm talking about where it says "Super Mario Odyssey." Light blue on blue not so nice, otherwise cool and good to see you got background images working.

Last edited by Deathwing Zero,
Reactions: mrissaoussama

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why Nintendo won't let us do this.... Just let us use our own screen shots, damnit.

This is super cool. The only thing I've seen so far that would make me want to hack my Switch.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still surprised custom themes haven’t been made officially available on the switch and new 2/3ds. Sony allows it on the ps3/4/p. Nintendo must be blind to not see how popular they are!

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Because they're currently made using the switch SDK, which is very much illegal to use for this sort of thing, let alone have access to without being an official developer.

This is pretty cool looking. It says you can edit anything, does that mean the title text? In the image provided I'm talking about where it says "Super Mario Odyssey." Light blue on blue not so nice, otherwise cool and good to see you got background images working.
This is incorrect, no themes are made with the SDK.

kristiansja

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Go yell at TX, maybe they'll rip off our themes in SX 2.0
arent they?
Team-Xecuter is back again with yet another update to our SX OS line of products. Check out the latest exciting changes included in the v2.0 update: > With SX OS 2.0 we introduce the breathtakingly exciting new and innovative feature of custom background images in the Home Menu! Place any .png image in SD/SX OS/Image and select then from the new improved SX Menu. --< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Really Nintendo? Really? Is it so hard for you to give us stuff like this? Altho I have no idea what the process of doing stuff like this is, but they knew we wanted this from the beginning

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Can`t wait to make my own themes!! Great work!!! I have always wanted something like this, the default themes are so lame and boring. Hope the tool to create is released soon!!

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
arent they?
Team-Xecuter is back again with yet another update to our SX OS line of products. Check out the latest exciting changes included in the v2.0 update: > With SX OS 2.0 we introduce the breathtakingly exciting new and innovative feature of custom background images in the Home Menu! Place any .png image in SD/SX OS/Image and select then from the new improved SX Menu. --< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
That's a parody of TX made by jjbredesen. They're so predictable and formulaic that it's easy to make a convincing GaryOPA / TX post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, new Doctor Who is on tomorrow... Hopefully this season is better than the last.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, never watched doctor who
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well guys, i went to the library today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What did you learn?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since my sister said manga was a good gateway into anime, i decided to get a manga, i was going to get one punch man, but volume 1 wasn't there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I...