‘Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty’ DLC will be a paid one

phantom lib dlc.JPG

Last September, CD Projekt Red announced the Phantom Liberty expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 is slated to launch next year. Recently, more details have trickled around the DLC. Speaking to GamesRadar+, CDPR's global PR director Radek Grabowski noted that "as for the expansion's pricing - we have not revealed exact details yet, but it will be a paid one".

Grabowski also added that "our expansions are traditionally cheaper than full-price games", suggesting that Phantom Liberty might be priced lower than the $60 Cyberpunk 2077 base game.

:arrow: SOURCE

kcajjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The game was rubbish, and not just because it launched in a broken, unfinished state. The storyline wasn't that interesting and the gameplay wasn't that fun.

I don't know if dlc can correct that but I guess they're going to try and recover some of the massive amount of money they invested on this game. I won't be buying it.

Last edited by kcajjones,

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Why this is even a news? We all already know this is a paid expansion and we all know expansions prices are less than the full game.
I've seen and heard people assume it's going to be free, so looking at the above I'm guessing it got loud enough to reach CDPR.

Honestly, it's going to be more of the same mechanically, perhaps with better quest design, because that they can improve, realistically. If you're still angry about C2077 (I think I still am) why would you care about more of the same - free or not? There's nothing they can do to apologize at this point, the honeymoon is long past (though if you've been following the exploits of plucky CDPR around Witcher 2 you'd know that based on that time they were shaking down grandmas for cash for pirating their games through a shady contractor they hired to fight piracy. A red flag if I ever saw one).

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've seen and heard people assume it's going to be free, so looking at the above I'm guessing it got loud enough to reach CDPR.

Honestly, it's going to be more of the same mechanically, perhaps with better quest design, because that they can improve, realistically. If you're still angry about C2077 (I think I still am) why would you care about more of the same - free or not? There's nothing they can do to apologize at this point, the honeymoon is long past (though if you've been following the exploits of plucky CDPR around Witcher 2 you'd know that based on that time they were shaking down grandmas for cash for pirating their games through a shady contractor they hired to fight piracy. A red flag if I ever saw one).

The first news I saw about the dlc was that it was going to be paid. If you could find a news article that doesn't mention that fact, I'd say it's bigger news.

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The extensions for The Witcher 3 were around 15€ each when released, so I assume we can expect that kind of pricing for Cyberpunk 277's extension?

DillyDilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game was rubbish, and not just because it launched in a broken, unfinished state. The storyline wasn't that interesting and the gameplay wasn't than fun.

I don't know if dlc can correct that but I guess they're going to try and recover some of the massive amount of money they invested on this game. I won't be buying it.
I had fun with the gameplay but I was annoyed with the game endings so I have no desire in starting this up again

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

I believe I saw it many times even before announcing the expansion, they stated that they are going to release free dlcs and then a payed expansion, I have no idea why people still assume the expansion will be free, we are back again to the same problem before the release of Cyberpunk when fans keep assuming things then accused CDPR for false promises.

I know the history of CDPR games as I first started with witcher 1 on my potato PC, then witcher 2 on 360 which was a horrible release, then witcher 3 with many bugs just like Cyberpunk, to be honest i wasn't surprised when Cyberpunk was full of bugs and crashes, their releases became a meme already.

I still love their games though.

Reactions: tabzer

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The extensions for The Witcher 3 were around 15€ each when released, so I assume we can expect that kind of pricing for Cyberpunk 277's extension?

Hearts of Stone was 9.99, Blood and Wine was 19,99 (but also double the length)
and for what they offered, that was more than fair

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There is enough people playing this game for making a DLC to be worth it?

Enough people have the game. It topped charts (of active players) recently with the release of the anime.

Considering that many people got it for so cheap, I wouldn't be surprised if CDPR earns more from expansion sales.

Reactions: nxwing

Lather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

But I saw they said its free in steam
Nothing.

Last edited by Lather,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival