I Love You....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
should i just keep my R4 or get a Cyclo? if i get a cyclo, i would just give my R4 to my little sister so no big deal.. but, can someone please list the pros and cons of the two? thanks
smile.gif

TaeK

Trophies
Website
d4nart.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I have an R4, but i'd like a cyclo, the only thing holding me away from getting a cyclo is the build quality, as it doesnt look as sturdy as the R4 (The sticker hides a big-ass chip)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some people say the GUI is a bit uninspired, but I reckon it's okay (first screen imitates the R4/M3R 3 icon selection, the rest looks kind of like the N-card 2D menu (not sure about this one)? So you should get used to it easily. Build quality isn't really much of a problem. Put it in your DS, and leave it there until you need to take it out. You won't feel the stiffness of the card much.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4, an Ncard, and I've had a Cyclo (I'm getting another). I would say the Cyclo was the best flashcart I've ever owned.

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't worth the cost of the cart for the few benefits Cyclo has over the R4. If you can get your sister to pay for a bit of the Cyclo for you, I'd say go for it. Or if you just want to be a nice guy, the Cyclo is a nice, reliable cart.

And no, the firmware is not open source, so the sliding iPhone thing isn't possible. Quite honestly I don't think it's a good idea. I'm not really sure why you want the extra step before playing games - I think you'd get bored of the novelty rather quickly.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have a CycloDS, but afaik the only pluses it has over R4 is the ingame menu, slowmotion support (easily addable in future R4 kernel updates I guess), SDHC support and supposedly a little prettier menu interface.

I'm sticking with my R4 until something really better pops up
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1