Hacking CycloDS Evolution BETA Firmware vB.2

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CycloDS Evolution BETA firmware vB.2 has been released for testing. Changes include:
  • Save sizes up to 32MB can now be specified individually per game
  • Pop-up menu is now accessible from the main menu by pressing Y while a bookmark is selected. This facilitates operations on the selected bookmark without first locating it in the game list
  • Added option to display last executed file in the bookmark list. Toggle option from the settings menu
  • Its now possible to customise the button combination to launch the last executed file, though the settings menu
  • Added the old cheat enable prompt as an option for those who prefer the old method of enabling cheat codes
  • Menu button is more responsive via touch screen
  • Revised the game list view modes - now there are simply 3 modes: ROM, file and recent. Big/small icons can be selected via the settings menu
  • Fixed functionality
  • Fixed cheat code clear all
  • Various small GUI bugs fixed
  • Game compatibility fixes (4856, 4868, 4883)
For details on the new BETA firmware line, please see the original thread here.

Download the BETA HERE

Link to thread: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13460

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the info
smile.gif

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
thanks for this nice firmware B.2
smile.gif
But dementium 2 usa version and WarioWare: Do It Yourself europe version work fine with this B.2 ?

thx for the infos
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
florian said:
thanks for this nice firmware B.2
smile.gif
But dementium 2 usa version and WarioWare: Do It Yourself europe version work fine with this B.2 ?

thx for the infos
smile.gif
They should both work now, as per the changelog.
4856 is America's Test Kitchen
4868 is Wario Ware DIY (E)
4883 is Dementium II

silly_z45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yay another update from the best team.

quick question, is the cyclo powerful enough to more quickly bring up its in-game menu to be on par with the supercard2?

silly_z45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah. oh well.

hopefully a few more betas to go and the final change is quite different to what we had pre GUI beta.

Lenneth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.data-hosting.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for this great firmware update by the best team on NDS linker.
It's possible to change the language to french ?

INFO: I'm always host the latest CycloDS Evolution (stable and beta) and M3DS-Real/M3-Sakura with touchpod Firmwares on my web hosting : Link ( Don't search for illegal files, you losing your time ;> ).

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's super annoying that the popup menu disappears every time I pick an option. I'd be nice if it would stay open until I'm done.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
KendiKong said:
Any1 else think they should add a reset game button in the ingame menu (where u press LRABXY)
Its kind of already been there/redone.

Until I said something, if you held L+R before the boot screen would load up, be it Power On or Return to Menu via inside a game, you would execute the last executed file. In the latter case it acted as our reset button. It reloads the game you're currently on with all the cheats. That had always existed, but what I suggested was making L+R customizable so that I may hold a single button upon startup/resetting. Just customize that to the A button and hold A button after you select Return to Menu in the Enhanced Menu.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lenneth said:
It's possible to change the language to french ?
Unfortunately language changing is broken in this firmware. It will most likely be fixed in the next beta firmware.

silly_z45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
didn't want to start a new topic.

from what ive read cyclo is better than the ds2 currently with all its issues.

this leads me to ask about the cyclos history.

did it start off shaky with a half finished product?

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No, it just showed up for the DS Lite and became very powerful over time. Nothing shaky, as far as I know. You can read most of TC's existence on the official site.

Also, I'm staying on B.0 for now until languages are fixed and I can fix the Russian translation.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^ This is a lie. The team started off with the CycloEvolution Mini/Micro, a flashcard on the GameBoy Advance, went to CycloWiz, a very unpopular and completely unsupported mod-chip, then the CycloDS, a DS flash-cartridge. There is also a CycloDS2, which is a DSi flash-card, which is quite pointless at this stage, considering we have the Nintendo 3DS* coming up.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Maybe you want to check your own facts before calling other people out.

Knyaz Vladimir said:
^ This is a lie. The team started off with the CycloEvolution Mini/Micro, a flashcard on the GameBoy Advance
No they didn't. There was the CycloDS MiniSD/MicroSD, which are Slot-2 DS flashcarts, not GBA flashcarts. It's common knowledge that these carts are Supercard clones.

QUOTE said:
, went to CycloWiz, a very unpopular and completely unsupported mod-chip, then the CycloDS, a DS flash-cartridge.
The full name of the Slot-1 DS flashcart is the CycloDS Evolution. But yeah that's correct.

There is also a CycloDS2, which is a DSi flash-card, which is quite pointless at this stage, considering we have the Nintendo 3DS* coming up.
No such thing exists. No idea where you got this information from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: hi everyone.