Hacking CycloDS Evolution v1.5 BETA 4 released.

Seven

oh hell no
OP
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Evolution;81695) said:
CycloDS Evolution v1.5 BETA 4 firmware has been released for testing. Changes include:
  • GBA support dramatically improved and moved out of BETA. Saving problems should now be resolved and the 1MBit save type is now supported without the need to manually patch games
  • Classic NES Series GBA games are now supported
  • Added "cycle skin" feature which is similar to the random skin feature, except that skins are cycled in order and are not chosen at random
  • The battery saver feature is no longer considered experimental and is accessible from the settings menu
  • Compatibility improvements and bug fixes relating to the in-game menu
NOTE TO WEBMASTERS: Please refrain from posting news about this BETA release as it is not yet ready for widespread use.

Download HERE

Well. Not many changes, but it's nice to see they're still making monthly firmware updates, which is good to hear. (:

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I wouldnt consider that "not many changes".. especially its a release from one beta to the other, meaning that its a huge change from 1.4 to 1.5
smile.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
CycloDS is shaping up in something unbelievable....considering that it's actually a flashcart (and by default, illegal), they are putting lots of effort in it......Amazing features, especially battery save feature..

This cart is wearing the title of a BEST DS cart for a reason!!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
GamerzInc said:
Well, I've known that slot 1 cards can't but the way the text was worded made it seem like it could.
Believe me, if they manage to create a GBA emulator, to play GBA games from slot 1, it would be huge news, and probably on the first page!!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seven said:
GamerzInc said:
Is gba support without the need of a slot 2 card?
HRRRRGHNNNNH.

Angry face.

Read the topics, read the stickies!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=50738
Well I really don't like how Team Cyclops says "GBA support" because it gives a really confusing connotation.

Edit: I've uploaded this to GBAtemp Downloads center in case Team Cyclops takes it down from their site.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious. When you read the item before you posted it, you must have seen the part that said about not posting this news elsewhere. In bold. And then you copied it here. And if you are like anyone else that posts, you probably checked back in this thread to see how it's doing. And saw that comment listed again, not to post this outside of the CyclEvo forums. In bold.

Just curious...

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jesterscourt said:
I'm just curious. When you read the item before you posted it, you must have seen the part that said about not posting this news elsewhere. In bold. And then you copied it here. And if you are like anyone else that posts, you probably checked back in this thread to see how it's doing. And saw that comment listed again, not to post this outside of the CyclEvo forums. In bold.

Just curious...

its not like anyone would pay attention to those kinds of messages

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I take it that team Cyclops is attempting to put in support for slot-2 cards without having to use EXPloader?

I'm just going to have to crack and get a Cyclo this month. I can't stand the Supercard and their crappy DS-ONE anymore.
hate2.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:

Just curious...
He's not a webmaster. And you don't see this on the front page of GBAtemp so it's fine.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Evolution said:
Important note regarding GBA saves: from this release onwards, the system for deciding the location of GBA saves has changed to match the system used for NDS games and make everything more uniform. If you are using normal save mode (in the settings menu) then the .sav files will be stored in the same directory as the .gba files. If you are using alternative save mode then the .sav files will be stored in a location specified in the config.xml file (which defaults to /GBA_SAVE). This means that for most people (ie: everybody using the normal save mode), in order to continue using your old GBA saves you will need to move them from the /GBA_SAVE directory to the same directory as the corresponding .gba ROM file is residing. If you are having problems with your game saves please first check that they are in the correct location before posting that "saves do not work".

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
So I take it that team Cyclops is attempting to put in support for slot-2 cards without having to use EXPloader?
It actually works really well. I love being able to launch GBA games from the GUI instead of having to open a whole different application.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Great update. Has anyone tested the battery saver function on how much it actually saves yet?

Now I hope they'd get on that GUI overhaul they've been talking about, or at least give us the ability to mod the folder icon, which really bugs me.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:

Just curious...

Why is it people sometimes feel like they have to act like bitches when someone posts a TC beta here?

Just curious...

I'm thankful for people posting the betas here, since most of us here frequent this site a lot more than TC Forums.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme