Hacking CycloDS iEvolution or SuperCard DSTWO ?

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would push for SUpercard DSTWO. It has a better firmware, emulation, and compatibility. The Cyclods works, but it has late updtaes and such. I owuld also recommened AceKard2i, if you want a cheap and affordable alternative.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
jgdsl said:
ok thanks you guys now my only problem is that I have read a few times that I need a DSi or ds lite to flash the DStwo card when I get it so it works on the 3DS right ? Problem is I only have a 3DS so I am pretty much stuck huh?

No last time nintendo rolled out an update I had already sold my DSi and had know clue where my Lite was. Because of the cpu in the DSTWO all you need to do is add a "b" (iirc) to the end of the update's file name and all you need to do is pop it in your 3DS wait 2 mins then restart it and you have your update.
can anyone else confirm this? I recently purchased a dstwo and a 3ds. It would be quite convenient if I didn't need to borrow a ds to update it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
nano351 said:
sergster1 said:
jgdsl said:
ok thanks you guys now my only problem is that I have read a few times that I need a DSi or ds lite to flash the DStwo card when I get it so it works on the 3DS right ? Problem is I only have a 3DS so I am pretty much stuck huh?

No last time nintendo rolled out an update I had already sold my DSi and had know clue where my Lite was. Because of the cpu in the DSTWO all you need to do is add a "b" (iirc) to the end of the update's file name and all you need to do is pop it in your 3DS wait 2 mins then restart it and you have your update.
can anyone else confirm this? I recently purchased a dstwo and a 3ds. It would be quite convenient if I didn't need to borrow a ds to update it.
I have heard of this. But I've heard that this method is also extremely risky.

I'd suggest you borrow a DS Lite or buy one (they're pretty cheap now) and update from there.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
nano351 said:
sergster1 said:
jgdsl said:

I have heard of this. But I've heard that this method is also extremely risky.

I'd suggest you borrow a DS Lite or buy one (they're pretty cheap now) and update from there.
How is it risky? I'd assume as long as I don't pull out the cart causing it to lose power it'd be fine correct?

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its risky because you cant actually see the update screen, but if you just wait a while you can be sure the update is done. Coming from someone that owns both iEVO and SCDStwo, get the supercard, dsi mode with the iEVO is...... under whelming at best not enough extra cpu for any better emulation, even the iEVO gba emulator was abandoned because it sucked while supercard can emulate gba almost perfectly.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Annieone23 said:
They worked so hard too to get the darn DSi support only for everyone to realise it basically sucks
Well the thing is, usually DSi features aren't that great, and for that reason there's no reason to buy a new cart that doesn't have the greatest rom support when they can just buy the game, get the features, and not have t worry about freezing or the like.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
flph said:
heartgold said:
flph said:
SpectralSounds said:
You don't need a DSi to get the CyclopsDS iEvolution to work on the 3ds, it works fine with just a PC to set it up and then the 3ds. I don't play gba games so the DSTwo doesn't much matter to me and the iEvolution works with everything I throw at it.

You also don't need a DSi to get the DSTWO to work on the 3ds.
Cyclods don't give you fast updates when dsi / 3ds gets blocked, build quality is really poor and interface is not good at all.
DSTWO is all way better!

What? CycloDS IEvolution DSi mode always work even when Nintendo tries to block flashcarts with an update. You can load DS games in DSi mode, right?

Anyway there isn't much on DSi mode, homebrew sucks. DSTWO offers much more and is even stronger than DSi mode by itself.

No, you can't load DS games in DSi mode! You can load only a few dsi games and they must be dumped with dsi stuff.
With dsi mode you use extra ram only, there is no wifi or mic support. You can use it, it wasn't blocked, but you need a dsi console in order to switch modes.
DSTWO card use more ram and cpu than it would with dsi mode and support all ds / dsi games.

As people said best option is DSTWO.
Trust me, i did a mistake buying cyclods. It sucks.

Oh please. You can play DS games in DSi mode. Get your facts straight before saying blatant lies.. Not to mention other things so wrong in your post regarding DSi mode specs, but I'll not go into that.

On topic: Get a DSTwo, since the iEvo apparently has problems with receiving updates for the latest FWs.

-Qtis

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poll plz.
No seriously, I would rather make a poll, since it would decide which is one is better opinionated
on the consumers behalf, and a explanation why is it the better flashcart.
I would go with the DSTWO.

flph

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Qtis said:
flph said:
heartgold said:
flph said:
SpectralSounds said:
You don't need a DSi to get the CyclopsDS iEvolution to work on the 3ds, it works fine with just a PC to set it up and then the 3ds. I don't play gba games so the DSTwo doesn't much matter to me and the iEvolution works with everything I throw at it.

You also don't need a DSi to get the DSTWO to work on the 3ds.
Cyclods don't give you fast updates when dsi / 3ds gets blocked, build quality is really poor and interface is not good at all.
DSTWO is all way better!

What? CycloDS IEvolution DSi mode always work even when Nintendo tries to block flashcarts with an update. You can load DS games in DSi mode, right?

Anyway there isn't much on DSi mode, homebrew sucks. DSTWO offers much more and is even stronger than DSi mode by itself.

No, you can't load DS games in DSi mode! You can load only a few dsi games and they must be dumped with dsi stuff.
With dsi mode you use extra ram only, there is no wifi or mic support. You can use it, it wasn't blocked, but you need a dsi console in order to switch modes.
DSTWO card use more ram and cpu than it would with dsi mode and support all ds / dsi games.

As people said best option is DSTWO.
Trust me, i did a mistake buying cyclods. It sucks.

Oh please. You can play DS games in DSi mode. Get your facts straight before saying blatant lies.. Not to mention other things so wrong in your post regarding DSi mode specs, but I'll not go into that.

-Qtis

Lies ? Guy, i own a iEVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSI mode only works for dsi enchanced games.
If you try to run ds games you will get "DSI SECTION MISSING" error (firmware 2.3).
Other things wrong in my post ? I don't think so.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
READ THIS:
So i recently just bought an iEvo. I own a DS Phat and a 3DS. Hoping to use it to play DS roms on my 3DS. Unfortunately, the newest 3DS System update makes the iEVO not work (unless it is in DSi Mode). You can only change it to DSi Mode using a DSi. Oh wait, now it doesn't work on the DSi thanks to its latest update.
So now I'm waiting to receive a Supercard DS2

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hows this for a novel idea: wait until a 3DS rom compatible cart comes on the market.

If you buy a cart now, then you will just end up plopping down another large hunk o' money for a new one as soon as a 3DS compatible cart comes out (because of course that will be able to play old DS games as well).

Once a 3DS cart comes out both the iEvo and DSTWO will be the lamest carts on the market. Can you imagine a DSLite cart that could only play GBA games and was the same price as a high end cart? It would have been a laughing stock compared to the old CycloDS or DSTWO. You would be in the same boat with the 3DS then, and poorer for it!

I personally am waiting, and didnt sell back my DSLite when I bought a 3DS so I could keep gaming in the meantime (and retain awesome GBA support with my 3in1!)

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flph said:
Lies ? Guy, i own a iEVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSI mode only works for dsi enchanted games.
If you try to run ds games you will get "DSI SECTION MISSING" error (firmware 2.3).
Other things wrong in my post ? I don't think so.
Straight from Team Cyclops' website:

QUOTEAdvanced DSi mode compatibility layer, allowing both standard NDS titles and older "DSi unaware" homebrew software to operate in DSi mode while enjoying the inherent performance advantages
You don't own one or you're not using it right.

Also where can I find some DSi "enchanted" games? I can only find DSi enhanced games
unsure.gif

On-Topic: Like everyone else is saying and I'm sure you've already decided on; go with the DSTWO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?