Hacking Datel Powersaves now supports Pokemon X/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Is there a code to clone pokemon or do i need to keep doing a backup/restore
each time I want to clone? That would seem like it would take a while if i were to clone for someone & myself.
The device doesnt work like that. Backup/restore is the only option.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its 1am where I live and I dont feel like explaining the whole mechanics of the program. Long story short this alters the savefiles, not the ram of the system like previous gen cheating devices so what your asking for is impossible.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its 1am where I live and I dont feel like explaining the whole mechanics of the program. Long story short this alters the savefiles, not the ram of the system like previous gen cheating devices so what your asking for is impossible.
So what you are saying, to put it short, is if I backup my my game with it & if i trade a mewtwo then if i restore my save my pokemon would still be there? or would it be traded? this is pretty much the last question I would like to be answered then I will leave this thread alone.

If the powersave cannot use this way to clone, then is it too late for me to see if I can request a cloning cheat. This would help out all those who have a powersave and don't own 2 copies of pokemon & muliple consoles.

budzek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a reason we can't alter the save files ourselves and have powersaves restore? im sure it doesnt work if noones is talking about it

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a reason we can't alter the save files ourselves and have powersaves restore? im sure it doesnt work if noones is talking about it

Datel puts a checksum on the backups it makes. The Powersaves software won't recognize any backups if the checksum doesn't match the data.

There are ways around this checksum, but even if you edit the save file and put it back on the cart, unless all the hashes in the save file match the game will see it as corrupted. I also tried having Datel "fix" the save file by applying one of the cheats to a save file I edited, but this didn't work either. Seems they can only edit valid save files.

Reactions: Snailface

MistahJayden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what you are saying, to put it short, is if I backup my my game with it & if i trade a mewtwo then if i restore my save my pokemon would still be there? or would it be traded? this is pretty much the last question I would like to be answered then I will leave this thread alone.

If the powersave cannot use this way to clone, then is it too late for me to see if I can request a cloning cheat. This would help out all those who have a powersave and don't own 2 copies of pokemon & muliple consoles.

Nah all u have to do is Grab let's say a box of pokemon u want to clone. Put them in Box 1. save. Back up that save.
Then go back into the game. move that first box into pokebank. then restore the save. Taaaaaa- daaaaa.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah all u have to do is Grab let's say a box of pokemon u want to clone. Put them in Box 1. save. Back up that save.
Then go back into the game. move that first box into pokebank. then restore the save. Taaaaaa- daaaaa.
thanks for the info. that's what i want. too bad I need to update to get pokebank.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to
Update to get to pokebank????

Also i dont think they give priority to release other pokemons
yeah. my 3ds was on 7.1.4 & i had to update it in order to get pokebank. I didn't have pokebank before since I wasn't planning on getting it but if I can use it to clone with the powersave then why not get it. However I dislike how I would have to pay for it after 29 days. I originally wasn't going to get it since I don't own a physical copy of any gen 5 games [& dont plan to].

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
We need more Codes. Waiting for Pokemon Codes like Wild Pokemon are Shiny, Catch anything, etc

This is not a "conmon" action replay. This modifies the saves, but it can´t run a code (for example wild shinys) when game is running. Not a real action replay, this is a savegame modififer.

Ej: In nds, can you use pokesav to make wild pokemon be shiny? NO

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
question : is there any cheat in the AR that make any Pokemon an Kalos native ? i mean put the pentagon marker

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I just got my Powersaves and when I try to back up my Pokemon X cartridge it says reading cartridge.... it been stuck on this screen for 20mins any ideas? If I plug it out will I loose my Save Data?

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I just got my Powersaves and when I try to back up my Pokemon X cartridge it says reading cartridge.... it been stuck on this screen for 20mins any ideas? If I plug it out will I loose my Save Data?

Dont do a backup or restore until the codes show up.

And unplugging mid-backup won't corrupt, only mid-restore.
For me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: AncientBoi is next to you.