Hacking Davee's Infinity CFW - Permanent 6.61 CFW on All 3000 & Go Models!

Madikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there any hope of getting an E1000 (Street) compatible version of the CFW ?
I don't know if Davee is still working on it...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this info - i thought it would be a more arduous process but it was quite easy. got 1 done, the other has to charge then i'll get her done tonight.

i remember hearing about this when it was coming out but never followed up. its nice to have a permanent CFW on the 3000 series.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone know if I can delete the files after installing this?

You can delete the files - i deleted the installer, the config and the pro-c stuff. just plain old isos in my games section now and boots to cfw no prob.

Jair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Can this be installed on a supported system with Official Firmware 6.61 already installed? The linked guide doesn't really specify and other guides I found say you should start with a system with CFW already installed. Would the Infinity Builder show up and run on an OFW? I heard devs could know sign their apps as official but I am really not sure.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Can this be installed on a supported system with Official Firmware 6.61 already installed? The linked guide doesn't really specify and other guides I found say you should start with a system with CFW already installed. Would the Infinity Builder show up and run on an OFW? I heard devs could know sign their apps as official but I am really not sure.
You need a CFW first afaik. I installed PRO C2 on 6.60, then did Infinity.

Jair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
It's just that I don't find definitive information about it. For example the "PlayStation Official Guide" (http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/RESULT_PSP2000v3_OFW.html) says Infinity can be installed on an official 6.61 according to it's version select, the specific guide doesn't mention anything and other sites says it needs CFW.
That's because everything that's console hacking and not on Nintendo consoles is super shit poor documented. It's a fucking treasure hunt to find concrete information about PS3 / PSP hacking.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

Jair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
That's because everything that's console hacking and not on Nintendo consoles is super shit poor documented. It's a fucking treasure hunt to find concrete information about PS3 / PSP hacking.
Yeah, documentation is pretty scarce. A question: Can you install temporary CFW on any 6.61 OFW PSP and then install Infinity? From the instructions I hear it can be done, but the instructions are pretty much the same as Infinity (Run a homebrew from OFW XMB) so I am not sure.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, documentation is pretty scarce. A question: Can you install temporary CFW on any 6.61 OFW PSP and then install Infinity? From the instructions I hear it can be done, but the instructions are pretty much the same as Infinity (Run a homebrew from OFW XMB) so I am not sure.
I used PRO-C2 on 6.60, then Infinity. PRO is apparently for 6.61 too. Check here. Since I have no experience of doing it on 6.61 I can't tell you if it'll work with Infinity or not etc.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, Davee is still pushing out work. He and Bubbletune were the first to ever develop HWID licensing for PSP homebrew, which was very impressive. Prevented closed betas from being leaked. Something Gateway should probably try. :)

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any reason to avoid Infinity?

Right now, I'm on 6.20 LME-2.3 on my 3000. And I read everywhere that using Infinity to get a more up to date CFW is better, but does it have any drawback? Even really little drawback?
For example, since it kind of mixes two firmwares, it could be incompatible with themes or I don't know what drawback (I coined that out of nowhere, don't ask me where I read this, that was just an example of what a "little drawback" could be), you tell me...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not aware of any drawbacks, to be honest. I've been using it for a few months and it's great. Permenent 6.61 CFW that simply works with no fuss.

Although it is 'mixing' two firmwares in a sense, this is transparent to the end user. You only ever actually see 6.61.

Reactions: Hayleia

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about psx scene and hack informer? They seem good for systems like those.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just bought this here to see the difference to my old 2000 model:

can I just use a tutorial on the first post to make it permanently CFW?

I do not want to brick it and I do not get the differences between ME, LME or PRO.

Last edited by naddel81,

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to update to 6.61 to use Infinity because Infinity is, strictly speaking, an OFW in itself. You can install Infinity from 6.60 and it will update you to Infinity 6.61 'OFW'. From there, you install your CFW (PRO-C or whatever) and set it to auto-boot using the configurator.

Dug out my old PSP-3000 for this, works lovely. :)
wait, so I could reformat my psp go, downgrade to 6.60 and then use infinity like that? Cause I'm having some major issues with it on my go. My custom themes are all messed up. When its on pro c, none of the psp games show up on the system memory but they will on the m2 card. I have to reaunch the other cfw to get them to show up. And like everyones been saying, the plugins are jacked. I wish i wouldnt have done this. i didnt think u could reformat because it wroe to the flash memory...

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, so I could reformat my psp go, downgrade to 6.60 and then use infinity like that? Cause I'm having some major issues with it on my go. My custom themes are all messed up. When its on pro c, none of the psp games show up on the system memory but they will on the m2 card. I have to reaunch the other cfw to get them to show up. And like everyones been saying, the plugins are jacked. I wish i wouldnt have done this. i didnt think u could reformat because it wroe to the flash memory...
I'm using LME on 6.61 with infinity on my go and have had no issues with anything at all. Use this version of cxmb if the themes are giving you issues.

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45619

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up