Gaming Dead Space: Extraction has no sound

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just burned a copy of Dead Space: Extraction and the game has no sound. It's not my TV or my Wii or anything simple like that. The game actually does have sound when I'm watching the motion comic but everywhere else is just silence. Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before? If it sounds like a bad burn I'll just burn it again but I've never heard of a bad burn causing something like this

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just burnt a 2nd copy of the game, getting the iso from a different source and, I'm experiencing the exact same problem. It'll make sound whenever it first loads, that screen before the title screen *I think it says Visceral or something* and the motion comic but no where in the menu's or once I start the game has sound. Does anybody have any idea?

Edit: I just saw a guy on another site who was saying he had the exact same problem so I'm not an isolated incident. I've got a 4.1u with cios rev14 and Neogamma r7 using an NTSC-U version of the game. I can't imagine I'd need to update to 4.2 to fix this but, I'm not an expert.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think one solution to this is to run the game through a USB Loader.

I personally am getting a 'Disk could not be Read' error, after a 002 error.

darghoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue loading DS:E with Neogamma R7 (cIOS rev14). I was able to get it running with sound by setting the language in Neogamma to 'console default'. Then it gave me a disc read error about 5 minutes in, and I said fuck it and used a USB loader.

I also read some posts where people were able to get sound working by using a beta release of Neogamma R8. Didn't work for me
unsure.gif

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for real, I can't run a usb loader. Tell me running discs hasn't become so out of date that they've quit trying to get games to work like that. I'll try the Neogamma beta r8 thing and let you all know if I get it to work

darghoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be sure to try setting the language to 'console default' under Region Options. I just tried that again with Neogamma R7 and it ran with sound.

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the game thru Neogamma R7 with the region language set to console default. The game did load with sound but, I wasn't able to finish the first level without it giving me a disc read error. Anyone got any other ideas?

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, anyone got any ideas? The console default thing does not work. I haven't tried the NeoGammar8 beta but, I'd rather wait until that's not a beta as much as an official release. Is there any other options or are us non-usb loader users screwed?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had the same problem just now using SoftChip R90 (the Gamma Loader which I normally use would only display the #002 error), but now that I've switched the disc region and language to default it works like a charm!
smile.gif

norain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ConraDargo said:
I had the same problem just now using SoftChip R90 (the Gamma Loader which I normally use would only display the #002 error), but now that I've switched the disc region and language to default it works like a charm!
smile.gif

Working great.

Thanks!

ultaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ConraDargo said:
smile.gif
I dont see any language option.. just region option on my NeoGamma r7 v14, finally got sound.. but.. on 2nd Act.. played a few minutes and it hangs there... =/

Any solution?.. its there any difference if i get PAL version of it?.. as my DS:Extraction its NTSC version.

Cheers
ph34r.gif

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
had same problem with usb loader gx when i tryed to change language in the loader's language settings (not global but game-related) with "console default" set everything runs smooth
smile.gif

rpotjtor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just set language to Console Default instead of English, and the sound is working!
happy.gif

Using 4.0U, NTSC game, NeoGamma beta (12, I think; maybe 8), cIOS, etc.
The beta NeoGamma is stable, so don't be afraid to use it. I've been using it ever since NSMBW came out, and it hasn't let me down yet.

I haven't tried playing the levels yet. I'll let you know if I get an error. If I don't reply back, there was no error.
wink.gif

EDIT: Sorry to bump an old topic if it's not allowed. I found it on Google and didn't think about the date until now. Hopefully it'll help someone else, especially if they found it on Google as I did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"