Misc Debunking the banwave claims that seemed to be going around

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 24,801
  • Replies 174

Did you get banned today or a few days ago on a public or private see?

• My public seed got banned

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • My private seed got banned

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Tickets, activity logs, system data, etc. is ALL stored in the NAND partitions. The most that could be stored elsewhere would be the installation folders that I made sure to delete.

Then I don't have any ideas about the exact reason why you still hit even if you remained offline until restored your NAND backup and deleted game folder in Nintendo 3DS folder, maybe something else still stuck in somewhere else.

Last edited by Windylacine,

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
That isn't bad idea - console in offline, do nand backup, do CFW, play etc and never go online. When you needed that format system, restore nand and shouldn't be anything recorded during that time no ?

Also that Pokémon update is v2080?

D

Deleted User

OP
That isn't bad idea - console in offline, do nand backup, do CFW, play etc and never go online. When you needed that format system, restore nand and shouldn't be anything recorded during that time no ?

Also that Pokémon update is v2080?
As long as your 3ds wifi switch is off you wont risk getting your 3ds recorded using homebrew or out of region games.Even then you are going to use your wifi anyway which is why you want to backup your private seed and switch to a public seed untill we figure out the exact ban trigger.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
As long as your 3ds wifi switch is off you wont risk getting your 3ds recorded using homebrew or out of region games.Even then you are going to use your wifi anyway which is why you want to backup your private seed and switch to a public seed untill we figure out the exact ban trigger.

3DS recovery tool can restore your original seed even if you didn't back it up. (assuming you left secureinfo alone, of course)

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
to scared to check if Im ban, I have play pokemon um online one time but never update it, someone here got a ban without playing pokemon ? Or playing pokemon online before the update ?

D

Deleted User

OP
to scared to check if Im ban, I have play pokemon um online one time but never update it, someone here got a ban without playing pokemon ? Or playing pokemon online before the update ?
If you used homebrew with the wifi switch on you have a 50% chance of a banned private seed.If it isnt banned yet switch to a public seed to avoid getting your private banned

Veranek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I checked for a ban before updating, and while online, and I'm not banned. I haven't yet updated USUM, and I don't think I will. But as for bans, we are both in the same situation. If you didn't update and didn't do something absolutely stupid, you are not banned.

I would consider buying an UM cartridge and transferring your save to that, if you really must play.

Maxmeas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Installed Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun to 1.2 from the eshoop, but did not start the game yet.
Run Emunand played Supersmash Bros cart free 4 all, don't got an error code, so I am not banned.
o3ds 11.6

EDIT:
I think you have to play an unlegit copy of a game online to get banned. Maybe the 1.2 patch checks the firm01/02 partition, if it got any changes applied.

Last edited by Maxmeas,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just remembered something weird, while the 1.2 patch for USUM is supposed to be mandatory to go online, I remember that when I was on 1.1 I could still play online just fine, so it really was mostly the AP ban in there and not an actual patch, despite there being 2-3 changes and bugfixes...:blink:

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I just remembered something weird, while the 1.2 patch for USUM is supposed to be mandatory to go online, I remember that when I was on 1.1 I could still play online just fine, so it really was mostly the AP ban in there and not an actual patch, despite there being 2-3 changes and bugfixes...:blink:
Yep, I believe it only checks USUM for piracy or illegally dumped cartridges as installable CIAs when you log in online in-game, that'd be a first, I'd worry if they also make other updates for other games.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
has anyone tried tikdevil withe USUM I'd rather wonder if dl'ing them "officialy" through eshop might still trigger a ban
How does tikdevil work exactly? Is it the same as replacing the titlekeys.db on the system with that online one or is it more discreet? If it's the same, then I'm pretty sure it'll trigger a ban... What I'm more curious about is whether now that the bans happened, would continuing to use pirated copies still cause a ban or it was a one-off?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess their leaving the ban system turned on for good it maybe the end for pirates on USUM for good I hate to do it but i'm buying a N3DS when i get it and a cart of UM and keep my O2DS hacked for trading i also wonder if that extends to drag and drop mods since it's on the fly patching not modding the actual game (superNova sun legit patch should be a good example)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone looking into the 1.2 update to see what it is actually doing (and possibly creating a patch/fix for it)?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also use my NNID on my Switch and would rather it not get messed with.
Switch uses "Nintendo account", which is not a NNID, is not a previous generation Club Nintendo account, is not a Pokemon Go/Global Link account

Besides, it's optional (and not really useful post-miiverse, counterproductive in a specific scenario too) to use NNID on 3DS

How does tikdevil work exactly?
Downloads the titlekey's website database and assembles titleid+titlekey into tickets then installs them, not differently than (the final result of) any other titlekey-based title downloader

btw, not banned - I use custom cias "online" but have never installed or used pokemon the handheld movie 2 2017

Reactions: ThoD

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone bother gathering any data and coming up with solid evidence that Pokémon is in fact the culprit? Could just as well be telemetry data after all. Like people using homebrew cias and connecting to the internet at the same time, or right after the fact. Seems like an easier way to spot hax from Ninty's perspective, and embedding CFW or piracy detection in a game update seems kinda arbitrary and weird as in not very straightforward to me.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone bother gathering any data and coming up with solid evidence that Pokémon is in fact the culprit? Could just as well be telemetry data after all. Like people using homebrew cias and connecting to the internet at the same time, or right after the fact. Seems like an easier way to spot hax from Ninty's perspective, and embedding CFW or piracy detection in a game update seems kinda arbitrary and weird as in not very straightforward to me.
I'm certainly far from convinced the update has anything to do with this. There was nothing like that during the previous ban wave so it would already appear they have means to detect those things.
Timing seems to be coincidental and they have probably been collecting data for months before pulling the trigger on the recent bans.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright