subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
deckhd.jpg
FX Technology Ltd have opened pre-orders for a new HD replacement screen for the Steam Deck. Sporting a resolution of 1920x1200 the new screen offers a large increase over the standard 1280x800 screen the Deck comes with. The display also features 87% sRGB coverage which means the colours are much better than the disappointing 67% of the original. The replacement also comes with an anti-glare coating much like the most expensive version of the Deck.

The rest of the specs are the same as the regular screen which means it's a 7" IPS, 400 nits, 60Hz panel.

It remains to be seen how this display will function, but it's safe to expect a performance hit for choosing the max resolution. The colours should really pop though.

Pre-orders are open now, and it looks like the price is set at $99.

Bear in mind, the procedure for replacing a screen is not for novices and there is the risk of damaging your Deck in the process.

:arrow: https://www.deckhd.com

Reactions: Xzi

ul7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I might be interested in this if it wasn't such a PITA to replace the screen. The battery removal, based on my understanding, is quite the arduous task. Looking forward to seeing all the smart people do it first and showcase their results!

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I might be interested in this if it wasn't such a PITA to replace the screen. The battery removal, based on my understanding, is quite the arduous task. Looking forward to seeing all the smart people do it first and showcase their results!
You don't have to do the battery, the LCD connector is behind the motherboard which can be removed without moving the battery. The hardest part is taking off the old screen without damaging it. I think this would be better as a replacement for people with a broken screen where they don't have to be as careful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: