Deep Silver announces plans for new 'TimeSplitters' game

timesplitters.jpg

In a tweet today, Deep Silver announced that it is reforming Free Radical Design to work on a new TimeSplitters game. The studio will be headed by series veterans Steve Ellis and David Doak.

To recall, the last TimeSplitters game, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, was released back in 2005 and future rumored installments remained in a development hell of sorts. However, Deep Silver's announcement for the new game plans also stated that this is a "first step in the process" as development on the new game has not yet started.

:arrow: SOURCE

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deep Silver is just the publisher, the game is being made by the same people who made the other ones. So Mighty no 9 is irrelevant.

Perhaps, but the publisher also holds the devs' paychecks and handles promotion. Even Inti Creates was PO'ed with that particular Mighty No. 9 trailer.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Perhaps, but the publisher also holds the devs' paychecks and handles promotion. Even Inti Creates was PO'ed with that particular Mighty No. 9 trailer.
Deep Silver, specially in Europe, publishes all kinds of shit, good, bad, masterpieces. And they hold the dev's paychecks in all cases. That doesn't mean the game will be bad (or good). E.g. they are the publisher for Persona 5 in Europe.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it stays true to the original. Timesplitters really had that little something from the Goldeneye era that made it fun.

The arcade league was amazing and quite challenging at times. Tons, TONS of unlock, Heck even the story was fun because unlike with games today harder difficulty meant more objectives!
And the stage editor, jeez that thing.
And getting all the platinum, arggg.

None of the FPS games releasing today get even close to that today for me.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it stays true to the original. Timesplitters really had that little something from the Goldeneye era that made it fun.

The arcade league was amazing and quite challenging at times. Tons, TONS of unlock, Heck even the story was fun because unlike with games today harder difficulty meant more objectives!
And the stage editor, jeez that thing.
And getting all the platinum, arggg.

None of the FPS games releasing today get even close to that today for me.
Agreed! I loved the feel of the game. Very similar to goldeneye. My brother would make crazy levels. So much freedom. The characters and weapons were great too. I liked how you could double wield some of the pistols, just like in the Wild West. I’m really looking forward to this.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news.
Game doesn't need any new mechanics though, just need to be as it was.
What I didn't like about the newest crash bandicoot game was they couldn't just make it like they used to, they had to add the time mechanic like which objects are currently able to be stood on etc & the originals didn't have or need the mechanic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did that even mean in the first place? I never understood why the advert used that weird line.

i guess anime fans find prom really sad for some reason
It's because the stereotype is that they are lonely virgins.

As for TimeSplitters, it's a shame it just sort of disappeared, especially seeing as its latest installment was the best. Usually series-killers are bad, but it was good and still holds up today.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo