Deep Silver announces plans for new 'TimeSplitters' game

timesplitters.jpg

In a tweet today, Deep Silver announced that it is reforming Free Radical Design to work on a new TimeSplitters game. The studio will be headed by series veterans Steve Ellis and David Doak.

To recall, the last TimeSplitters game, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, was released back in 2005 and future rumored installments remained in a development hell of sorts. However, Deep Silver's announcement for the new game plans also stated that this is a "first step in the process" as development on the new game has not yet started.

:arrow: SOURCE

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually think it'll turn out well.
Maybe not super amazing but I hope they can pull it off.
Assigning a team to recreate that magic is a good start at the least.
Fingers crossed it all works out well.

Hopefully we get a trilogy pack of the originals to introduce new players to the franchise.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really never got along with Timesplitters, which is odd because I loved Perfect Dark and this was seemingly the same people doing what they did.

However I will give this a chance, not least of all because I am rather bored with the current approaches to such games.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i wish they made an hd trilogy to keep us entertained while waiting for the 4 one.

But seriously anyone talking about deep silver being bad lol they are a publishing conglomerate, they publish all kinds of games, from AAA to crap, so they you never know what they will get, it depends on the developers, they just offer publishing services, they do have like 2 or 3 development studios but they do little games themselves.

Jack_Ishmael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

In a tweet today, Deep Silver announced that it is reforming Free Radical Design to work on a new TimeSplitters game. The studio will be headed by series veterans Steve Ellis and David Doak.

To recall, the last TimeSplitters game, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, was released back in 2005 and future rumored installments remained in a development hell of sorts. However, Deep Silver's announcement for the new game plans also stated that this is a "first step in the process" as development on the new game has not yet started.

:arrow: SOURCE
Kingdom Come: Deliverance sequel pls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No thanks, We all know where that thumb has been....