Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to install Smash 4 back on my Wii U and to restore my gamesave but it went wrong somewhere. When I installed the game, I did a software update before I put the save back and now I get an error while uploading. I read on the internet that some of the lasts updates could cause that problem so I tried to delete the game and the update file using the console data manager and when now that I installed the game once again, it keeps asking for a system update even though I didn't configure an internet connection on the Wii U. I guess that there should be a file where the max previous software version is stored but it's way beyond my knowledge... Did someone already had the same problem and managed to get though it ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Caim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
First of all : thanks !
I tried to hex edit the file but I'm surely missing something. I found what I think is the right game entry and the right update number (game id 10145000, update 304 (130 in hex)) but changing the version number to 0/16 or 32 (while installing v32 update) didn't remove that damn message prompt.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never edited the file myself, just know of it. how come you don't just install the game and update again unless I'm missing something.

Caim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Actually when I installed the game and fully updated it I couldn't restore back my Smash 4 save, I got an error on SaveMii that I didn't had some years ago. It seems that the most recent game updates aren't compatible with older saves so I kind of screwed, that's why I try to change the version cache to install older version of the game.

Edit : Replacing the entire line with FF did the job. I could get my save back and then fully update again.

Last edited by Caim,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1