Homebrew Deleting everything related to homebrew?

GoodAtBeingNoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, so I was looking into getting homebrew on my 3ds so I can use emulators and whatnot but in the future I might want a 100% stock unmodified 3ds, so if I formatted my 3ds would that remove everything or is there more to it?

Thanks!

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, so I was looking into getting homebrew on my 3ds so I can use emulators and whatnot but in the future I might want a 100% stock unmodified 3ds, so if I formatted my 3ds would that remove everything or is there more to it?

Thanks!
Just deleting everthing related to homebrew from SD, if its really just homebrew.

Jacobf0303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know more about homebrew now, I am using oot3dhax and I got a flashcart for CFW, in the future is there a way for me to get rid of CFW and homebrew?
thanks

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know more about homebrew now, I am using oot3dhax and I got a flashcart for CFW, in the future is there a way for me to get rid of CFW and homebrew?
thanks
All you would have to do is run the same installer you used to install cfw in the first place via the luma chainloader. I don't need to get into specifics now, but just note that it's easy to do in the future. Also, if you are selling the 3ds afterwards, and that's why you want to uninstall cfw eventually, make sure you contact the person and mention the 3ds has a cfw on it. Sometimes that can drive up the price a few bucks.Of course if it's somewhere like GameStop you should uninstall cfw since that's their policy. Otherwise, I don't see a reason you would want to uninstall cfw, just to put that into perspective.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy