War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah yeah, I know. Dell sucks. My computer sucks. I've heard it before.

Now that that's out of the way... I'm wondering... does anyone else have this computer? I was looking online, ebcause I'm trying to figure out if it has a built-in DVD/CD recorder. I'm planning on getting a Magic Swap for my PS2 very soon, but I have no idea if my compy will be able to burn those .isos. So...anyone know? If not, how much would a nice recorder run me? And are they hard to get set up?

Thanks!~

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Drive Bay Options: Dual optical drive bays with your choice of CD-RW, DVD-ROM, and/or CD-RW/DVD-ROM combination drive, and DVD+RW/+R4 drives to meet your multi-media needs.

It COULD... what does the drive say in the "My Computer" ?

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Eh okay, but since you have two cd drives im certain that atleast one of them has to be able burn something, cause putting in two Read Only Memory drives is kinda stupid. Have you tried searching in google yet? Any when i said try it, just find a blank cd, install Nero and burn anything, try that in both if neither work your screwed.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check the device manager. (Right click on 'My Computer' -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager) The names of the drive should be listed there in the DVD/CD Drives section, and you can usually tell if it's a burner by the letters RW in the device name.

Alternately, get Imgburn or DVD Decrypter (both free) and see what they say about the drive capabilities.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I did the Device Manager thing.
I clicked the little plus sign on the CD/DVD drives and I got 2 things:
-EP1080Y ITO245G SCSI CdRom Device
- Sony DVD-ROM DDU1615

Copied exactly word for word.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to consider getting a new computer.

I couldn't imagine that a system without write capabilities has good specs otherwise.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War: Do you know that your PS2 can read burned discs? Mine won't, one of my friends' PS2 will, and another friends' PS2 will only read DVDs, not CDs.

If you haven't checked, I recommend that you try playing some burned DVD videos and audio CDs before you buy a magic swappy thingy.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After you do get a dvd burn I suggest you use ImgBurn which you can get free from there website. In my opinion it is one of the best burning programs around. 25-40 dollars for a DVD burner then 5-30 dollars on DVD's depending on how many you get.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
War: Do you know that your PS2 can read burned discs? Mine won't, one of my friends' PS2 will, and another friends' PS2 will only read DVDs, not CDs.

If you haven't checked, I recommend that you try playing some burned DVD videos and audio CDs before you buy a magic swappy thingy.
Magic Swap is a program for the PS2 that allows it to read backups, AKA burned DVDs/Cds.

Well this sucks. :\ I doubt I'll get a DVD burner for Christmas...this just ruined everything. Tahnks for the help though, at least I know in advance...
:[

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country

Depends on what type of PS2 you have, some only read DVD-Rs, but some read DVD+Rs, last time I checked the older ones can't run DVD+Rs.

I got my PS2 when it was launched, and it will only read DVD-Rs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk