My modded PS2 won't play the games I burn, what am I doing wrong?

keysnsticks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi

I bought a modded Playstation 2 slim (the modchip is called matrix)
I tried burning a ps2 game but it won't play. I used 4x speed on a TDK DVD-R.
I tried burning a ps1 game, it also won't play. I used a Verbatim CD-R again in 4x Speed.
I tried playing that ps1 game in my modded ps1. It played perfectly.

I am puzzled as to what I am doing wrong because I had some other burned ps2 and ps1 games from back in the day but they all work on this modded ps2.

Any suggestions?

By the way, don't know if it's important, but i'm using a portable cd/dvd rom that i connect to my laptop via USB to burn these discs

Thank you in advance

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I bought a modded Playstation 2 slim (the modchip is called matrix)
I tried burning a ps2 game but it won't play. I used 4x speed on a TDK DVD-R.
I tried burning a ps1 game, it also won't play. I used a Verbatim CD-R again in 4x Speed.
I tried playing that ps1 game in my modded ps1. It played perfectly.

I am puzzled as to what I am doing wrong because I had some other burned ps2 and ps1 games from back in the day but they all work on this modded ps2.

Any suggestions?

By the way, don't know if it's important, but i'm using a portable cd/dvd rom that i connect to my laptop via USB to burn these discs

Thank you in advance
The slim models have a hardware flaw (including V9/V10) revisions, where if you used burned media on the console, the mechacon gets super confused easily and glitches out causing the laser to burn out. I recommend swapping out the laser with a replacement and installing either a PIC fix or diode fix.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can't feel or hear the disc spinning, your laser is probably dead. If the disc is spinning, try burning on different media if you can but it's mostly futile. If it does work eventually it's only a matter of time till the laser does burn out and need to be replaced.

Reactions: SylverReZ

alex3107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm a rookie here, I have the same issue with both two 39004 units, the motherboards I have in question are a GH-022-31 with a Crystal v1.0 modchip and a GH-022-61 without modchip and might have this particular issue too, just through disc drive with mechanical trouble

This is the video

Last edited by alex3107,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto