Hacking derrek on Twitter : "we got the kernel"

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus fucking Christ, this blows. I really hope this isn't released any time soon because piracy this early would mean almost certain death for third party support.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus fucking Christ, this blows. I really hope this isn't released any time soon because piracy this early would mean almost certain death for third party support.
Nintendo could easily patch it in the next update,that leaves a minimum community with hackable Switchs since Switch isn't even available in many retailers

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo could easily patch it in the next update,that leaves a minimum community with hackable Switchs since Switch isn't even available in many retailers
the thing is, how would they know to look for, how do they know what the exploit is if they never said it? all the public knows is that it was dumped, no other details

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
the thing is, how would they know to look for, how do they know what the exploit is if they never said it? all the public knows is that it was dumped, no other details
No idea tbh but hacking community always full of snitches,especially Nintendo is offering rewards for informing them of what's going on and how to prevent it.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No idea tbh but hacking community always full of snitches,especially Nintendo is offering rewards for informing them of what's going on and how to prevent it.

I won't use words like "snitches" to describe those security researchers. They also helped to make other systems safer. If you don't like what they did and think you can do better, feel free to do that and release the exploit for "free". People with that kind of skills shouldn't work for free IMO. (And they can get paid by Nintendo and release the exploits afterwards in secret, all you need is a low version FW.)

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
we got the kernel?
colonel%20sanders.jpg

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In this topic, people that will be normal people and buy games and support the development of the games.
Cheap skates that will only copy everything because it's their right according to them.

So any other standard Piracy thread on GBATemp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work