Describe your perfect Subway sammich

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still very, very miffed and perturbed that Subway has taken away their oven-roasted chicken breast. That was pretty much my favorite thing on their menu. But, I was interested after seeing how many celebrity meals they have on rotating offer to see what you guys get prepared for you by your favorite sammich artist.

When they had the chicken breast, I was always super basic. Not adventurous when it comes to most foods. I got a footlong oven-roasted chicken breast on flatbread, toasted, with just a few sprinkles of lettuce, a bunch of shredded cheddar jack and brown mustard.

Now that these heartless bastards have removed my favorite protein from there, literally the only thing I ever get now are their classic meatball subs. Footlong on Italian herbs and cheese, very, very light sauce (can't run the risk of accidentally eating a chunk of tomato because veggies are ew), provolone cheese and as much Parmesan as I can convince them to dump onto it, halfway toasted.

What's your perfect sammich?

Reactions: Lostbhoy

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite Subway sandwich is when I drive past Subway to go to Jersey Mike's.

Subway hasn't been good since the 90's.
Fully agreed. My go-to is Jimmy John's now. Their bread is MUCH better and their meats are fantastic. And they're much, much faster than anywhere else I ever order from. That turkey bacon club with dijon instead of mayo is a banger.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fully agreed. My go-to is Jimmy John's now. Their bread is MUCH better and their meats are fantastic. And they're much, much faster than anywhere else I ever order from. That turkey bacon club with dijon instead of mayo is a banger.
Jimmy John's is awesome too, but they don't have hot sandwiches.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jimmy John's is awesome too, but they don't have hot sandwiches.
I have never in my life actually tried Jersey Mike's. Firehouse Subs are way too damned expensive, but they're pretty good.
Still, Jimmy John's is the only one of the four I actually ever WANT to go to. It just sucks that practically every job I've ever had in my life, including the one I have now working from home, the only fast-food restaurant close enough for my lunch break, or at least the closest one, has always been Subway.

It's not great. It's rarely even good. But, it's kind of cheaper, and more convenient.

THis is why America is so fat.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never in my life actually tried Jersey Mike's. Firehouse Subs are way too damned expensive, but they're pretty good.
Still, Jimmy John's is the only one of the four I actually ever WANT to go to. It just sucks that practically every job I've ever had in my life, including the one I have now working from home, the only fast-food restaurant close enough for my lunch break, or at least the closest one, has always been Subway.
I only get Firehouse Subs because when we order food at work, that's what people want. Jersey Mike's blows them out of the water. But I do agree, Jimmy John's bread is not of this world.
It's not great. It's rarely even good. But, it's kind of cheaper, and more convenient.
I remember when Subway had a taco sub and a chipotle chicken sub. Those were the days.
THis is why America is so fat.
This and we trusted the FDA's food pyramid telling us to eat 6 servings of carbs per day and switching from eating fats to eating seed oils.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only get Firehouse Subs because when we order food at work, that's what people want. Jersey Mike's blows them out of the water. But I do agree, Jimmy John's bread is not of this world.

I remember when Subway had a taco sub and a chipotle chicken sub. Those were the days.

This and we trusted the FDA's food pyramid telling us to eat 6 servings of carbs per day and switching from eating fats to eating seed oils.
I find myself obsessively watching food vendor/truck videos on YouTube, where people are just sampling some of the most amazing fucking food I've ever seen in my life, and I am salty that we don't have that culture in America.

I wish there was a decent food cart with a 60-year-old grandma making the most bangin' ass carnitas tacos at a tiny little cart.
Most of the established chains and franchises we have today started off as food carts.

Maybe I need to go to New York or New Jersey and go to an authentic deli so I can see what the REALLY good shit is like.

I can't die with the only pastrami and swiss on rye that I've ever had having come from Schlotzky's Deli at the mall.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find myself obsessively watching food vendor/truck videos on YouTube, where people are just sampling some of the most amazing fucking food I've ever seen in my life, and I am salty that we don't have that culture in America.
Come to south Florida. There are food trucks everywhere. There are even meetups we can go to.
I wish there was a decent food cart with a 60-year-old grandma making the most bangin' ass carnitas tacos at a tiny little cart.
Most of the established chains and franchises we have today started off as food carts.

Maybe I need to go to New York or New Jersey and go to an authentic deli so I can see what the REALLY good shit is like.
Most of those people fled down here to south Florida, lol.
I can't die with the only pastrami and swiss on rye that I've ever had having come from Schlotzky's Deli at the mall.
That would be a travesty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...