Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
My kids have recently pointed out to me that the DesMuMe WiiFlow plugin doesn't render well for some games.
This was because I had made it ALWAYS use the GX hardware rendering option. While it's a little bit faster for most games, some games (E.G. New Super Mario Bros.) are completely unplayable because off graphical issues.

I've now made a command line option to choose software or hardware rendering (and included 2 INI files, one for each option with different magic #'s)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mtnlmpa7754llaw/DeSmuMe plugin r253 v2.zip

enjoy.

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no where. The creator of Desmume (Arikado) is no longer making anything Wii related. I don't even think Arikado gave the source code. So this project is either dead or coma tose.

RockRiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Log time without DeSmuME Wii users????
I'm trying to use some DS Homebrew Apps through Desmume Wii... (they need FAT reading)

Desmume Initial text said some about:
"Using CFlash directory:"

But I cannot make Desmume Wii reads a FAT *.img file
It's needed an special folder?? What's this name? MPCF?? Slot2??
Desmume Wii could use *.ini file for point to folders, paths?

D

Deleted User

I have decided to bump this page to inform those yet unaware of the improvements to the DS Emulator for Wii: DeSmuMe Wii.

Thanks to the work of Arikado - scanff - firnis and baby lueshi,
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DeSmuME_Wii_Compatibility_List
DeSmuME Wii is no longer a Yoshi´s Island DS emulator only.

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney - Animaniacs Lights Camera Action - Biene Maya - Klatschmohnwiese in Gefahr -

Black Sigil - Blade of the Exiled - Lunar Dragon Song - Magicial Starsign - Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - The Phoenix Wright Series -

Wario Ware Touched!

are all games that although not running Full Speed and having messy Audio, can be considered playable. Games in 3D will most likely perform very bad in the emulator. In most cases, you will do yourself a favour muting the TV.

Check the DeSmuME Wii Compatibility List for new entrys. You can add entrys yourself if you like. Your help is always appreciated. :)

There is also a Github page. Don´t get your hopes up to high though, since the last update was 4 Years ago.

I uploaded the latest build r253 below. Google will help you find a working DS BIOS.

Attachments

• DeSmuME Wii r253.7z
    445.4 KB · Views: 512
Last edited by ,

OuterHeavenJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have decided to bump this page to inform those yet unaware of the improvements to the DS Emulator for Wii: DeSmuMe Wii.

Thanks to the work of Arikado - scanff - firnis and baby lueshi,
DeSmuME Wii
is no longer a Yoshi´s Island DS emulator only.

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney - Animaniacs Lights Camera Action - Biene Maya - Klatschmohnwiese in Gefahr -

Black Sigil - Blade of the Exiled - Lunar Dragon Song - Magicial Starsign - Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - The Phoenix Wright Series -

Wario Ware Touched!

are all games that although not running Full Speed and having messy Audio, can be considered playable. Games in 3D will most likely perform very bad in the emulator. In most cases, you will do yourself a favour muting the TV.

Check the DeSmuME Wii Compatibility List for new entrys. You can add entrys yourself if you like. Your help is always appreciated. :)

There is also a Github page. Don´t get your hopes up to high though, since the last update was 4 Years ago.

I uploaded the latest build r253 below. Google will help you find a working DS BIOS.

Awesome this is really cool to see that it is still getting bits of support. Wii's are becoming popular again so I hope they revise it a while longer. At least until some of the best games have great speed I.E World ends with You and full speed Ace Attorney games.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Welcome
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    What are your favorite topics?
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: What are your favorite topics?