Homebrew Misc Desperate Search For a Download Link

maximum_egg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there my fellow interneters (cool slang for people who surf the web), I have come to you in search of a download link for the homebrew application "Padsend for Wii" which allows you to wirelessly transmit the inputs from a wiis gamecube controllers to your pc. After hours of searching I've found only two deleted links for such an app and the original thread has been dormant for almost 11 years. So now I come to this fun little website in desperate search of answers. This is a new account so I cannot post links, but if you would like to know more I can send you links privately.

Sincerely, Max

EDIT: THE LINK HAS BEEN FOUND!! I will add the files to this thread once I've confirmed they're working

Edit 2: So I do have a download link that worked, but I've been having a strange issue where the controller is only responsive like 10% of the time.

Edit 3: It seems like the app doesn't really play well with windows 7 and up because of the driver signing system, I did end up getting it to work but you have to do it on a windows vista or lower machine (or virtual machine if you configure the networking correctly) this may also not be related to said signing system at all and could just be another issue with windows 10/my pc. Let me know if you used it and got it to work on windows 7+ [I've left a 7zip file with all of the components below]

Attachments

• Padsend_PPJoy.7z
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
Last edited by maximum_egg,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Indeed, I still have it.

If it doesn't work, don't forget that you can (or MUST) hex-edit the IP in the binary file if you need to match your PC's server app IP, and the Exe file to match your Wii's IP :)
Dol Location is at 0x2F1A8
Exe location at 0x36088

If I remember, the developer made it for a network mask 192.168.1.xxx

Don't set your exact PC and wii IP, I recommend you to edit only the first 3 bytes and keep the last one to 255 : 192.168.0.255
(or 192.168.1.255 if your router is set to that range)

It will make it work with DHCP and random IP assignation, looking for the PC's server app on all the IP range from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254

You'll also have to properly set the controller driver and calibration on windows.
I made some screenshot and information on the official thread to explain how I had to calibrate my GC controller on WinXP.
(screenshot are maybe offline due to filetrip being closed)

Note: It doesn't work on Win7 or newer OS anymore because the required PPjoy drivers are not signed... http://ppjoy.blogspot.com/
No idea if Vjoy has been updated and signed for Win7+

you could edit your win7 to accept unsigned drivers (launch win7 in test mode), but you'll have security risk, and an overlay message on your screen.
I don't know if Win7/8/10/11 default controller driver is compatible with the PadSend server.

I found a website saying PPJoy works on Win10 and 11...
It's maybe a fake one : https://www.filecroco.com/download-ppjoy/ but it seems it's from here https://github.com/elitak/PPJoy
But PPJoy sources are available, so maybe someone took the project and updated it ? (and paid $500 for a Microsoft driver licence?)

If you make it work, please let me know wich OS and which driver version you have :)

Last edited by Cyan,

maximum_egg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did get it to work eventually but I had this weird issue where every input had a half second delay and analog inputs were incredibly laggy. The PPJoy driver provided by the github page actually enables windows 7+ test mode now so that wasn't an issue on windows 10. Also, vjoy has in fact been updated for use with windows 7+ but I haven't tested it as of now. Padsend server doesn't seem to have any issues and neither does the client app, so I'm pretty stumped here

Windows 10 Build 19041
ppjoy driver 0.8.4.6

@Cyan oops I forgot to mention you

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ppjoy enables test mode automatically ?
so it's still not signed, but activate test mode, that's not the ideal solution :(
At least it's nice the github version work on newer OS :)

thanks for testing and your report.

I don't know why you have input lag, when I tested it on WinXP it worked fast and I didn't notice any lag.
I didn't try since Win7

maximum_egg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppjoy enables test mode automatically ?
so it's still not signed, but activate test mode, that's not the ideal solution :(
At least it's nice the github version work on newer OS :)

thanks for testing and your report.

I don't know why you have input lag, when I tested it on WinXP it worked fast and I didn't notice any lag.
I didn't try since Win7
yeah I think I'm going to try using a windows xp pc for it because it doesn't seem to play well with windows 10
thanks for the help!

Reactions: Cyan

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello,

Indeed, I still have it.

If it doesn't work, don't forget that you can (or MUST) hex-edit the IP in the binary file if you need to match your PC's server app IP, and the Exe file to match your Wii's IP :)
Dol Location is at 0x2F1A8
Exe location at 0x36088

If I remember, the developer made it for a network mask 192.168.1.xxx

Don't set your exact PC and wii IP, I recommend you to edit only the first 3 bytes and keep the last one to 255 : 192.168.0.255
(or 192.168.1.255 if your router is set to that range)

It will make it work with DHCP and random IP assignation, looking for the PC's server app on all the IP range from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254

You'll also have to properly set the controller driver and calibration on windows.
I made some screenshot and information on the official thread to explain how I had to calibrate my GC controller on WinXP.
(screenshot are maybe offline due to filetrip being closed)

Note: It doesn't work on Win7 or newer OS anymore because the required PPjoy drivers are not signed... http://ppjoy.blogspot.com/
No idea if Vjoy has been updated and signed for Win7+

you could edit your win7 to accept unsigned drivers (launch win7 in test mode), but you'll have security risk, and an overlay message on your screen.
I don't know if Win7/8/10/11 default controller driver is compatible with the PadSend server.

I found a website saying PPJoy works on Win10 and 11...
It's maybe a fake one : https://www.filecroco.com/download-ppjoy/ but it seems it's from here https://github.com/elitak/PPJoy
But PPJoy sources are available, so maybe someone took the project and updated it ? (and paid $500 for a Microsoft driver licence?)

If you make it work, please let me know wich OS and which driver version you have :)
I wondered if you could record a video of how did you hex-edit Pad Send to work in other IPs?

I have tried using HxD and checking the addresses you posted in the last thread you talked about it but I could never find something particular to edit and for some reason my current PC refuses to pick up the connection with the Wii with PadSend even though sending the dol through wiiload/sendelf DOES work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

What is your LAN ip ?
if it's 192.168.0.x I added the files to this post.
If it's something else, you'll have to edit the two IPs (one in each file).
I will not make a video, sorry, but I took a screenshot.
It seems I made a mistake on the .exe address, it's not 0x36088 but 0x3608A.

So these are the correct addresses :
Dol Location is at 0x2F1A8 to 0x2F1B6
Exe location at 0x3608A to 0x36098

DOL :
Open the dol in an hex editor of your choice. (I'm using Hex workshop, but HxD is good too).
go to address 0x2F1A8 (Ctrl+G on hex workshop, select hex option). This is an hexadecimal address, if your program is listing addresses in decimal it'll be a different number.

on your program, you should have 3 area, on the left is the addresses, on the center is the binary data, on the right is the ASCII version.

In the "binary data", you'll see "313932", and on the "ascii part" you can read it's 192, "2E" for ., "313638" for 168 etc.
You usually can write directly on either part, if you write while the cursor is on the binary part it'll expect only numbers and letters from A to F.
If you place the cursor on the ASCII part, you can write watever you want in ASCII (number and letters).
so click on the ASCII area (on the right on my screenshot below), and replace the IP to the one of you LAN, and end the IP with 255 like this xxx.xxx.xxx.255

on the DOL file (run on the Wii) you need to specify the server's IP (you PC)
on the exe file (run on the PC) you need to specify your console's IP.
The easiest way is to write both the same IP with the "255" mask at the end.
Writing 255 on the end of the IP instead of the read address just read/send the data on/to ALL the network interface's connected devices.
You could write your EXACT console and PC IP, but you'll have to edit the dol or the exe each time your IP is edited (DHCP).

examples :
if it's 192.168.0.xx then replace it with 192.168.0.255
if it's 192.168.1.xx then ... the original dol should already work for you.
if it's 10.x.x.x. then 10.0.0.255

screenshot_0127.png

Do the same with the Exe :
open the server on your hex editor, and go to address 0x3608A and repeat the same procedure, same IP you put in the dol.
screenshot_0128.png

Remember that it needs PPJoy on Win95/98/XP !
It doesn't work on Win7+

Ahhhh, I did it again !!
I come back on the forum after months, and the first thing I do is .... write a guide HAHAHA :rofl2:

Attachments

• PadSend.7z
    332.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.