Homebrew Devkitpro Installer 1.6.0 not working for me on Windows

ThisIsDaAccount

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing devkitPro on a new Windows 10 machine and it hasn't been working. From my understanding, using devkitProInstaller 1.6.0 should "just work" with little to no substantial interaction from the user, but that hasn't been the way it's working for me. When I first ran it, it stopped the installation when it couldn't find the file dswifi.0.4.2.tar.gz (or something like that), and after googling I saw that the file appears not to be on devkitPro's sourceforge, with the only indication it ever was being an empty 0.4.2 folder under dswifi that was empty. I then tried downloading dswifi 0.4.0 instead and renaming it to match 0.4.2 as a sort of patchwork solution, and it continued with the installation.
It then gave me an error prompt that says, "Can not open file 'C:\Users\[user]\ramir\Downloads\msys-1.0.17-1.exe' as an archive. I ignored that as well and tried to continue.
Finally, the installipn ended, and I tried running "make install" on the latest source of citro3D to see if devkitARM was working, and as expected it was not. It said that it could not find the make command. I'm assuming that was due to a failed installation of MSYS.

I honestly have no idea what (if anything) I'm doing wrong. I installed devkitPro with no problem a few months ago on another Windows machine (which I sadly no longer have access to) and the installer threw no errors at all. Can anyone point me in the wrong direction if I'm doing something wrong?

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.